PDA

View Full Version : Msn5

lorna
07-27-2003, 09:52 AM
Why is it impossible now to download msn messenger 5.. Msn messenger 6 crashes on my computer but when I go to msn 5 to download on the msn site , I can only download msn messenger 6..On the oldversion site, they say the current version is 5.
Any suggestions?

locustfurnace
07-27-2003, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by lorna@Jul 27 2003, 09:52 AM
Why is it impossible now to download msn messenger 5.. Msn messenger 6 crashes on my computer but when I go to msn 5 to download on the msn site , I can only download msn messenger 6..On the oldversion site, they say the current version is 5.
Any suggestions?
OldVersion says current version is 5, due to this site being in the process of being updated. so the info is alittle outdated ATM.
You can not download the old version of MS from msn because they no longer want you to use an old version.
Maybe someone will drop a link here for you, til this sites gets back up to date

OldVersion.com Admin
07-27-2003, 06:09 PM
The site is up to date now.

SickAndTiredOfErrorMessages
08-16-2003, 09:14 PM
It is possible to download 5.0 and it is true msn does not want you to use an older version, they push users to be "up-to-date". I was up agianst the same problem you can go to www.oldversion.com and it should work for you. Goodluck.

Christian Maxwell
08-18-2003, 08:26 PM
Okay, I need some help here also....I have Msn Messenger 4.8 and I just got a notice I can no longer use it if I dont download a newer version so I need to know where can I get internet explorer 5.0 or what do I need in order to keep going to this or do I have to switch to Yahoo because that works fine for my computer.

locustfurnace
08-18-2003, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by Christian Maxwell@Aug 18 2003, 08:26 PM
Okay, I need some help here also....I have Msn Messenger 4.8 and I just got a notice I can no longer use it if I dont download a newer version so I need to know where can I get internet explorer 5.0 or what do I need in order to keep going to this or do I have to switch to Yahoo because that works fine for my computer.
get IE 5.0 here.

What do you need exactly, MSN? or IE? you mentioned both in your post so i am not certain which one you are asking for.