PDA

View Full Version : Naughty Postings

Dookie
08-06-2003, 05:05 AM
http://www.oldversion.com/talk/index.php?a...t=ST&f=2&t=1126 (http://www.oldversion.com/talk/index.php?act=ST&f=2&t=1126)

Place your bets here.. How long before this post gets removed ?

5 to 4 Favourite .. within 6 hours
2 to 1 .. within 24 hours
5 to 1 .. within 1 week

On a serious note . People are posting requests for illegal copies of copyrighted warez and or serial numbers.
The statuatory answer of goto Ebuyer is a waist of time as we all know people hunting for freebee copies have absolutely no intention of paying for it.

So my suggestion is .. why not move these people onto a site where they can find what they are after ?
OK - before anyone replies with "Piracy is imoral / illegal etc etc so why should they be given any assistance in illegal activity ?" .. my answer would be "well youll keep getting unwanted/unwelcome posts where people hope they'll get a reply before a moderator removes the posts".

How about a sticky topic reiterating NO POSTS FOR COPYRIGHT PROGS/SERIALS ..
Goto website www.xyz if your looking for this stuff as your not welcome here.
At least then the forum wont get cluttered with naughty requests followed by loads of replies flaming them for doing the forbidden .

People asking for serials are obviously web newbies who dont know where to look and somehow they are ending up here .. why not save them time and yourselves grief by providing one or two links to "security" sites. I'm sure this would massively reduce the age old problem of people asking for requests that Oldversion are not happy to give.

Dooks

Pete
08-06-2003, 09:24 AM
For one thing, the warez sites are constantly being closed and/or moving. It's a cat & mouse game....The moderators would have to become warez experts and keep updating the link(s).

Secondly, by posting a clickable link to a warez site, we become a "referer". If the warez site gets in trouble, this site becomes a suspect. (If it's not a "clickable" link the chances of being implicated are reduced but still exist if someone plea bargans in return for testimony.)

The administrators and moderators have plenty of forum tools for eliminating abusive users. How they use them, is up to them and the webmaster.

OldVersion.com Admin
08-06-2003, 11:21 AM
There is no need of a new thread every time an unappropriate post is made.