PDA

View Full Version : Real Jukebox 2 Installation Problem

tran
08-11-2003, 12:00 PM
I accidentally deleted realplayer, which caused my real jukebox stop working. I am very pleased to find rjukebox20 from the site and downloaded into my PC (I like realjukebox because I can use the iQFx software to boost the bass sound).
However, when I try to install it, an error window occurred: "access to the specified device, path or file denied". It seems that the rjukebox needed to "contact" REAL Networks for more info, and was turned.

Can please show me a way to install rjukebox20. thanks.

Tran

Tran
08-11-2003, 12:02 PM
I should also add that my PC is a Dell, XPS T500, running Windows 98 ME

locustfurnace
08-11-2003, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by tran+Aug 11 2003, 12:00 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (tran @ Aug 11 2003, 12:00 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>(I like realjukebox because I can use the iQFx software to boost the bass sound).[/b]
Winamp can also boost the bass via making adjustments with the EQ settings.

<!--QuoteBegin--tran@Aug 11 2003, 12:00 PM
(However, when I try to install it, an error window occurred: "access to the specified device, path or file denied". It seems that the rjukebox needed to "contact" REAL Networks for more info, and was turned.
[/quote]
make sure you empty out the C:&#092;Windows&#092;TEMP folder of any old files which might cause a problem installing, such as old unremoved versions of RA.

the TEMP folder is the place windows uncompresses files for installation. so if the files were not removed after installing a different version, you can run into problems this way.

Tran
08-28-2003, 02:57 PM
I have checked my windows&#092;temp directory and found 2 olf RA files (rnlog.txt and RstApp.exe). After deleting these two&#39;s, I ran rjukebox20 again, but still ran into the same error (access to the specified device, path or file is denied). I also ran into this same error when trying to install rjukebox10.exe or real7.exe.

Can anyone help, please. many thanks. tran

locustfurnace
08-28-2003, 05:12 PM
I think the rstapp file actually belongs to ICQ.
here is a question, is the realjukebox your trying to install, on a CD?
if yes, copy to a folder, remove any Read-Only attributes.

08-30-2003, 11:56 PM
Actually I was using a file downloaded from oldversion.com (rjukebox20.exe) to try re-installing real jukebox 2. I check the sub-directories which might be involved with this task, such as &#092;program files&#092;real&#092;realjukebox and &#092;realplayer and find they are not "read-only". When I check the property of rjukebox20.exe, it is listed as having an Internet shortcut type, so I wonder whether rjukebox20 can self-install by itself at all (without relying on additional instructions from Real networks. What I am wondering is whether Real Networks may set up specific instruction to abort any installation of older version of realjukebox ?).

Tran

locustfurnace
08-31-2003, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by Guest@Aug 30 2003, 11:56 PM
When I check the property of rjukebox20.exe, it is listed as having an Internet shortcut type, .......
Tran
are you sure you downloaded the actual file, or did you just make a shortcut to the file, hence the internet shortcut type.