PDA

View Full Version : Yahoo Mess Installation

naughtylilme2006
08-14-2003, 03:33 PM
i've been trying to download yahoo messenger again, and it wont let me! it gets done with the downloading part..but during the installation part..it tells me "you do not have the stystem configuration requirements..blahblhablah...and that i have to re-install messenger from an administartors account" please help me..

locustfurnace
08-14-2003, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by naughtylilme2006@Aug 14 2003, 03:33 PM
i have to re-install messenger from an administartors account" please help me..
If you are running XP, youh have to be an Administrator to install software, not a user.
log out, switch to the Administrator account, and then install the software.

naughtylilme2006
08-14-2003, 08:23 PM
how do i do all that?

naughtylilme2006
08-14-2003, 08:25 PM
watz an administrators account and how do i do everything so it'll let me download and install it again?

locustfurnace
08-14-2003, 10:45 PM
you did not need make a second post, you could have posted again under you last topic.

Since you did not say if you are running XP or not. I will have to guess you are.

You need log out of the account you are running under, and when presented with the log in screen again, chose the adminstrators account.
If you did not set up the computer with the OS. and you do not know who is the adminstrator, then you wil have to ask whoever set the system up to install the software for you.
If you installed the system and dont rem who the adminstrator account was or the password. I can't help you there.

You should look in the Microsoft Windows help menu, if you press F1 on the keyboard it should bring up the help menu, look through it for your questions on how to use the computer and the user accounts.