PDA

View Full Version : Windows 95

Coolgirl2222
08-21-2003, 06:12 PM
I need windows 95 operating system. My kids accidently destroyed the CD. Murphy says I need to reinstall win 95 but I do not have it at all. Help :o

locustfurnace
08-21-2003, 09:58 PM
Offering you a retail product is Illegal. This site does not offer illegal software.
If you need windows, Go over to ebay.com and purchase a version.

coolgirl2222
08-22-2003, 11:36 AM
So sorry! I did know I was asking for sothing illegal!! Never mind the request!!

locustfurnace
08-22-2003, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by Coolgirl2222@Aug 21 2003, 06:12 PM
Murphy says I need to reinstall win 95 but I do not have it at all.
Why do you need to reinstall it?
If the computer was from a company, it is possible you STILL have a copy of the whole OS on the system.
alot of manufactuers place a copy of the system in a folder called /CABS
sometimes it will be in the c:\CABS or C:\Windows\CABS or C:\Windows\OPTIONS\CABS.

If you do see this folder. then there is a perfect copy of windows already on your system. and you should copy it to a CD, then you now can reinstall windows.

Unless they are not on your computer, then you will need a solution to fix your system.
Since you had not mentioned what your problem was, I can not help.

cscmtv
08-26-2003, 09:24 PM
technically it's not illegal to give the files as long as u still have the key supplied with ur original cd

locustfurnace
08-27-2003, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by cscmtv@Aug 26 2003, 09:24 PM
technically it's not illegal to give the files as long as u still have the key supplied with ur original cd
yes it still is illegal. By person "A" giving his files to person "B", you are breaking the user agreement, you then must transfer the user license as well. If it was LEGAL, then all the sites online that host win retail product could do it without a breaking a law, BUT that is not the case as Microsoft does not permit such actions, so they send out infringment notices to those sites.
If you want to send a copy to someone, and you do not transfer your license agreement (which also transferring licenes is not always permissible), you must destroy your license and all copies of the software.

Under the Windows 95 OEM versions "End-User License Agreement for Microsoft Software", it states, "Software Transfer. You may permanently transfer all of your rights under this EULA only as part of a sale or transfer of the COMPUTER, provided you retain no copies, you transfer all of the SOFTWARE PRODUCT (including all coponents, the media and printed materials, any upgrades and this EULA."

Under the Windows 98 SE upgrade, "End-User License Agreement for Microsoft Software", it states, "Software Transfer. The initial user of the SOFTWARE PRODUCT may make a one-time permanent transfer of this EULA and the SOFTWARE PRODUCT only directly to an end user. This transfer must include all of the SOFTWARE PRODUCT (including all coponents, the media and printed materials, any upgrades and this EULA."

I do not see anywhere in the EULA that supports your claim that you can give others your files, and still retain a copy for yourself, because you can not.

Lynirdskynird
08-30-2003, 12:02 PM
:huh:
Sorry, but I have a doubt
Why you need that old and not reliable version?
:huh:

Charles Livingston
08-30-2003, 12:57 PM
contact me charles_livingston@hotmail.com :D