Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    guest_brandon

Actually, Win2k is at SP4 whereas NT 4.0 is at SP6ASRP1

Super Moderator

Originally posted by guest_brandon@Oct 17 2003, 11:31 PM
    Actually, Win2k is at SP4 whereas NT 4.0 is at SP6ASRP1
    LOL
    4 or 6, I think thats still quite a lot of bug fixes. hopefully the SP's contain more enhancements than coding errors.

So, I have an iMac, but it's the origional one. I have Mac OS 8.6, and that's probably as high as I'm going to fit onto my computer. Now, MSN seems to have stopped servicing my old version, and I can't get any new versions, because of my system. Does anyone have any clue how I can get my MSN back?

Super Moderator

Originally posted by Guest@Oct 18 2003, 06:42 PM
    So, I have an iMac, but it's the origional one. I have Mac OS 8.6, and that's probably as high as I'm going to fit onto my computer. Now, MSN seems to have stopped servicing my old version, and I can't get any new versions, because of my system. Does anyone have any clue how I can get my MSN back?
    are you sure you can't stick OS9 on it, I have a PowerPC 7200/120 with OS9 on it. An iMac has more power than the 7200 and should be able to go to OS9.
    My Quadra 650 has OS8 and thats a 33MHZ box.
    as for fitting OS9 on your iMac, i only have 1.2gigs on my PPC and it fits fine.

I would definetely see if you can go to OS9, which I am sure you can, don't see why you would not be ale to. Did you check the APPLE FTP site to see what updates they offer?

Microsoft is not blocking you because your OS is older. It is just blocking all older clients of their MSN, as has been covered in previous threads.

Search through the postings, also, try the Java client, which i have listed in the pinned topic - CHAT LISTING, and see if that works for you. It will work with any Java-capable browser.

shytilwet

Can get missing .dll files from here My Webpage and here too My Webpage