Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Thread: Msn

Luli

Hello I'm sick of the msn messenger.I have recently downloaded an old version of msn (4.6)but this version doesn't work anymore because it's to old,so i have to download a new version but mi computer it's old to have 5.0 or later so i don't know what to do.Because if I download 5.0 and later, I can install it,because i need a sofisticated computer,but i have windows 98 but i doesn't install or says that I need a new Internet Explorer browser but i'm not rich and i can't buy a new computer.Please tell me what can I do,because I had already send a complain to msn.com,but they didn't answer me.But I'm very upset about this,please tell me what can I do.:angry: MY MAIL:superangel170@hotmail.com

Super Moderator

well, they prolly require you to install a newer Internet Explorer (it is free).
    a solution, if you are not able to do that, would be to investigate an alternative client to the MSN client, such as Easy Messenger
    I have a nice listing of clients which you can use instead of the MSN client,
    these clients should also allow you to conenct to the MSN network, and most likely wont be such a big hassle for you.

go to the link i have enclosed, and scroll to my posting, 3rd one down, and check out some alternatives to the MSN client

http://www.oldversion.com/talk/index.php?a...t=ST&f=2&t=1238

Tasty_Kisses6969

yeah ummm Im having the same problem basically as that person but i tryed downloading one of those programs you suggested and..it didnt work either...So im kinda stuck. :huh:

Super Moderator

Originally posted by Tasty_Kisses6969@Sep 29 2003, 07:18 PM
    i tryed downloading one of those programs
    just one?
    you might have to try one or two to find one that suits your needs

And here I am bearing M'Soft gifts
    Windows 95 and Windows NT4 do not support the latest version of MSN Messenger.
    Download messenger 5 for Win'95msn.com/95/SETUP95.EXE
    Possibly a later build than the one on O.V.site & its
    currently offered by M.S. so I'm guess'n it will login

EDIT: above msn.com/95/SETUP95.EXE now links to download page not direct link to file

for NT4 available also

nails

i reccomend you use miranda im http://miranda-im.org- it uses the latest msn protocol (you have to tick the box though:P) and it does everything msn does - except voice convo - and all those gammy things like havving an avatar... - you can tell when someone is typing - (you have to download the "popup" plugin - i think tis a couple of kb's...) and it all fits on a floppy disk. you dont need to 'install' it (you can keep it on a floppy disk if you need and use it from there )