Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Thread: Naviscope

George Freed

Simply wondering if you people would want this program!
    Yes, its kind of old
    Yes, it was Freeware
    I've used it for literally years with little trouble
    It seems to be a good dianostic tool in that I can see exactly what OE is doing and control it.
    I've been able to use it specifically to monitor all the transactions that go on between OE and the net. It will also map sites. It also takes out add, pop-ups and just about anything you want to take out. It also has a tool that shows me exactly what's going on when its happening. There have been times I've closed a screen thinking that I'm done with it only to find that my computer is still talking to that web-site. Naviscope's pop-up toolbar will tell you if this is going on and it will allow you to stop that transaction.

I haven't found any program out there that does what Naviscope does! It can be a little nutty at times but for the most part it seems to work well.

So, tell me what you all think
    Thanks for your time.

guest_k35454

I have used it for around 4 years. It is not only useful, but occupies very little space on your hard disk for a clock-setter.

Super Moderator

yea, i have a few old versions of naviscope. it features a NTP client as well, for setting your time.
    I have seen alot errors with different combos of naviscope and certain browsers. But that is not too much a problem if you just change to a diff version.

degarb

I need oldest naviscope you can find.

degarbNOSPAM@softhome.net

8.7 breaks after 30 prefetch pages and must double click prefetch link. Which is not acceptable with midi ctrl shift click.

Super Moderator

The only version found online so far is 8.70[*]Naviscope v8.70 (614kbs)

I do have a copy on CD for version 8.61, its less than 600kbs, if you are interested I can email you it.