Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Thread: Napster

cKy

like seriously, i know napster doesnt work anymore but i just want to install it to lisin to my songs is it possible even to do this because if i download a old version of napster i cant instal it why does this happen?

Super Moderator

Originally posted by cKy@Sep 22 2003, 08:16 PM
    i cant instal it why does this happen?
    it probably trys auto connecting to Nap server. since they no longer exist, the client just never installs.
    why do you want to use napster to listen to music anyway, there are other apps that should be able to play whatever you have just fine.

cKy

not sure man iv been using napster for so long to play my music even when they were shut down til now and just got my computer reformated, YEAH talk about old fashion that was!?!?!?
    but anyways ah well there are mor clients out there B)

Super Moderator

well winamp is free, and works for just about any music format in existance, or there are plug-ins for ones not natively supported. it might not be the best looking, or have the absolute best sound, but it does well enough for most.

cX_GX

Just view the source, no need to paste the html code into this message box
    http://bwap.virtualave.net/napreg.html

winamp lover

Dude!

What are you talking about? Winamp is not the best looking?!? You can download hundreds of skins to make it look however you want it to!

And I don't understand whant you mean by the sound quality. To me, it sounds mighty fine, even more with the Dee2 plugin!

Super Moderator

Originally posted by winamp lover@Oct 17 2003, 12:56 AM
    What are you talking about? Winamp is not the best looking?!? You can download hundreds of skins to make it look however you want it to!

And I don't understand whant you mean by the sound quality. To me, it sounds mighty fine, even more with the Dee2 plugin!
    no matter what you still have an box look to it. alot of other players have more interesting layouts
    as for sound quality, you need to take a test spin with Foobar2000.
    it is not fancy at all. but does such more than winamp, such as playing ogg-books correctly. and a ton more options, it was built by several people, including one of the main plug-in developers for winamp.

http://www.foobar2000.org/