Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

oiyq2

Can BulletProof FTP handle uploads? I am looking for a good (and free/lowcost) FTP client that can handle uploads. I am running on a Win box. Any suggestions?

Super Moderator

Never used Bulletproof FTP, unless it is just a download manager, I do not see why it would not be able to handle uploads. you also already have an ftp client installed on your computer, (unless Microsoft decided to remove it), you can open a DOS prompt and type FTP, should bring up the ftp client, you can learn alittle of the commands by just typing a question mark at the prompt
    ftp> ?
    • AceFTP 3 Freeware
    • Core FTP Lite a free FTP client
    • FreeFTP FREE, drag & drop internet file transfer protocol program from Brandyware Software.
    • FileZilla FREE, FileZilla can connect to almost every FTP server, even if you are behind a firewall or SOCKS proxy. On SFTP servers and servers which support SSL or Kerberos GSS, all traffic can be encrypted.
    • FTPEdit FREE, Windows program that allows you to open and edit files on a remote FTP server as easily as if they were on your local drive.
    • FTP Surfer is a free FTP client for Windows
    • FTP Explorer FREE, looks and acts very much like the Windows Explorer.
    • LeechFTP FREE, no longer developed, has multi language versions

oiyq2

I've used IE's built in FTP setup, but.....it didn't meet my needs/desires. I'm looking for one that can handle scheduled uploads, etc, so that it connects, uploads/downloads, and then disconnects on its own. I don't like uploading while people are surfing the site, so I like to try to do it at about 2-3 in the morning, course, I don't like having to think at that hour. (Gaming is fine, but thinking....no ) IE cannot do that.

Go!Zilla is great for downloading, but I cannot get a handle on the FTP aspects of it (connecting to server, uploading, etc) and so it just kinda didn't do much for me either. (sorry, really shoulda mentioned this when I made my original post, but at the time I was tired, and not thinking clearly. :P )

I am looking for other options. Thanks for the suggestions! Any others would be welcome. B)

Super Moderator

why not use the Windows, whatever OS your using, built in task scheduler to upload the files for you.
    did you check those sites for possible solutions to what you ask, since they are in fact ftp client, they might handle this for you. and you did not say if you checked them or not.

if you had a UNIX box, you could set up a crontab to do all this for you when your sleepin'.

dont forget that when your sleeping, other will be awake around the world and could be acessing the site, so you might not want to hammer the site with uploading or downloading anyway.

you could use the built in ftp client, the DOS version, make a couple batch files with preset commands and files you want to upload. and then tell the Windows Task Scheduler to execute the batch files you made.

Royston

BulletProof FTP is on eof the best FTP clients around. Its pricey but well worth it.

daddydago

flash FXP is on of the best programs out It's easy for the new guy but also goo for the advanced user I handles up loads and downloads it nas the drag and drop feature that makes it very easy you can find it atFLASHFTP when you get it pm me i'll give you the info to open it you can connect to any server even SSL and if you are behind a firewall get the trial version you will be alright just don't foget to pm me ok LA8TER DaddyDAGO :wacko: