Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Laser_iCE

I stupidly upgraded to the 9.0 beta, and now I want it back. I'm using XP home. Thanks heaps.

Light10084

There is no such thing as WMP 8. You can down-grade to 7 or--my personal favorite--6.4.

I will re-direct you here for help...

http://www.techtv.com/callforhelp/shownote...3414622,00.html

It was talked about on Call For Help on TechTV. Since you are using Win XP, it's perfectly relevant to your problem. :blink:

Beta

I don't think there ever was a Windows Media Player 8.

aafuss

I kniw it exsist-not WMP 8 but Media player xp.

Gator

I upgraded to WMP 9 (from 6) earlier this week. This morning I needed to clear some hard drive room so I tried copying some video files I had downloaded from the net using Roxio CD Creator like I always have. Almost all of my video files are now uncopyable, is it just a coincidence or does the upgrade do something to prevent video files from being copied? I can still burn MP3's. I'm rather new at all this and need some help. Any thoughts?

Thanx,

Gator

Laser_iCE

That's what I meant, Windows Media Player XP. I used it to make my CD's (I know, I should use nero or something) but now the quality is crappy and it takes up more resources. MPxp is what I'm looking for, thanks again.

junk554

Read the information provided at the following URL:
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...&DisplayLang=en

also for future reference...

Windows Media Download Center
    http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsme...oad/default.asp

h34r: well MicroSolth has added code in their media player that "prevents" copyrighted software (primarily video and music) from being copied. This is to prevent those copying and giving it away from doing so. NO they didn't tell you about this added "feature" because they knew you wouldn't download it or install it! And it is damn near impossible to get it out of the registry.... OUR FRIENDS!

gator

Thanks for the reply, that's what I was afraid of. The files in question are of some sports footage from Europe and is hard to find. What should be my next step? Some of these files were on my hard drive for months, well before I upgraded, am I still screwed? If I remove WMP9 now will it help me with my future downloads? My MP3's seem to be fine, is it because I never use WMP to play them? Some of the files I can download again but some are almost irreplacable, any chance of unlocking them?

Thanx,

Gator

nlman22687

about the only thing you can try is to run "system restore" to the day before you did the upgrade to mp9, this will restore the older version of media player and hopefully rectify your problem....mike