Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Ivan

WMP10 causes IE to crash when streaming media is presend on a page. Im trying to switch to WMP9 to see if that fixes the problem, but after I removed WMP10 manually and cleanup the regisrty keys with a registry cleaner I have, the WMP9 installer still tells me I have WMP10 installed and quits!

If anyone knows a solution to the streaming media crash in IE6/WMP10/SP2 would be of great help also.

- Ivan

Ivan

Whoa, after I shift delete the WMP files from their folder, the magically reappear back in the folder! Thats annoying.

by far the best pc clean up tool there is available is the winoptimiser suite fromm www.ashampoo.com not freeware but trial versions are downloadable from their site and all their software is low priced considering it is priceless as far as quality goes give it a try and im sure you wont be dissapointed i would infact expect that you wouldnt consider anything else once youve tried it.

john .

Release Candiate 2

XP LITE allows you to unistall the Windows Media Player

leave_me_alone_0001

best thing to do is go back to wmp9 who cares what microsoft tells you to do
    you would think a newer version works better but it doesn't

Avi

Hey all,
    I have XP installed on my computer and I need to have windows media player 6.4. Now when I try to install the 6.4 it says its not for 2000 and XP while I can successfully uncompress the files and run it from. Now the problem is when i run 6.4 it says no video hardware detected and I get the video minus the sound. Does someone knows a way around it.
    Thanks in advance
    Avi

doorbell

I cant find any way6 do downgrade windows media player. I hate version 10, and I love version 9, is there anyway so downgrade without getting that stupid "you already havge the updated version" message?!

Release Candiate 2

Originally posted by doorbell@Dec 22 2004, 01:06 AM
    I cant find any way6 do downgrade windows media player. I hate version 10, and I love version 9, is there anyway so downgrade without getting that stupid "you already havge the updated version" message?!
    Purchase XP Lite (link above) and uninstall wmp 10 then reinstall version 9.

addman

Ok so I need an older version of media player but I cannot get the download to work it says that I currently have the newest version however I did go into start and ger ride of it through the add/remove programs and it is now not there. It says that I have the new version and I cant even totally get ride of it from my hardrive it keeps remaking the files appare. What the heck should I do I have no clue. I am using windows xp pro so does that mean anything.

Problem 101

Alright i keep getting an error message saying
    Windows Media Player cannot play the file because a network error occurred. The server might not be available. Verify that you are connected to the network and that your proxy settings are correct.
    ANyone think they can help.