Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

you didnt say which version of media player you run but check out this page http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsme...ayererrors.aspx

sarahsea

Does anybody know how to uninstall wmp 10 without doing a system restore please?

I have tried add / remove software and ticking the show update box but it does not list wmp10 as an upgrade there - it just shows the Xp service pack 2 and nothing under it. It warns that if I delete the sevice pack 2 it will affect nearly all my programmes. Is there anyway around this - I need to degrade to wmp9 to download my mp3 software????????????????????????

Thanks

Super Moderator

Why do you need to downgrade WMP to WMP9, for downloading mp3 software?
    Windows Media Player's preferred encoding is wma. You can install any mp3 software you like. Having WMP installed will not affect any music software you download. WMP does not know what software you download.

guest_sarahsea

I'm afraid it does...I have just bought the Samsung YH-920 player and as soon as you try and install the software from the CD it comes up with the error message that the software will only run with wmp9. It states that It has found 10 on my system and that I must uninstall 10 and install 9!! Any ideas?!?!? :blink:

Super Moderator

Your not downloading the Samsung software, your installing it. - there is a difference.
    For this case, go to the Samsung website and see if they have an update, contact the developers of whatever it is your trying to install. The problem is Samsungs product. Depending on its age, WMP10 might be too new for it.

guest_John

hey everybody, i downloaded wmp 10 mobile for my ppc and now it doesnt work and i want 9 back but i cant find a link to download the old version. anyone know where i can get it?? any help would be greatly appreciated

Super Moderator

For your PPC? Since this is a MS Windows software board, you might want to try checking on a MAC board.

dont worry wmp 10 is best there getting all the kinks out

aladdinnas

hey, first time here

i was jus updating my WMP when a couple of error showed up during installation.
    so i restarted, and tried to launch a .mp3 file when this error showed up

The file wmplayer.exe has a version number of 10.0.0.3802 where 10.0.0.3646 was expected.
    Windows Media Player is not installed properly and must be reinstalled.
    Do you want to install the player from the Microsoft Web Site?
    Yes No

what should i do?
    it would not uninstall or roll back
    i tried installing v9 but it says the version u have is newer, and this installtion will not continue

aladdinnas

um....i cant find my thread
    i jus posted it some hour ago...
    about WMP error....
    :blink: