Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Krytos

Just wondering if you could find a version of Aspeeder previous to 2.8, or a program that does the same thing? Any help would be appreciated.

Krytos

Note: Just clarification that the program is actually called "Aspeeder" or "A speeder" (the name changes depending on various sites I've been to)

Super Moderator

are you wanting this program to speed you up, or slow you down?
    if your wanting to slow down, there is Mo'Slo, good for playing old games on todays faster CPU's.
    Mo'Slo
    http://www.hpaa.com/moslo/

SpeedGear looks exactly like the Aspeeder
    Speed Gear 3.01 Speed Gear can be used to adjust your Windows operation system speed. http://www.downloadsoftware.org/games/tool.../speed_gear.asp

Krytos

Thanks a lot, I was looking for something to speed up. I'll let you know how this works for me ;)

Super Moderator

Originally posted by Krytos@Oct 17 2003, 08:40 PM
    Thanks a lot, I was looking for something to speed up. I'll let you know how this works for me
    ok. when i checked out the SpeedGear they did have older versions of SpeedGear on their website. Which i did download those ones.
    they offer v1.12, v2.00 & v.3.01

A couple of months? worth of Trial or buy

xSpeedPro 1.03
    http://www.foredu.com/

SpeederXP
    http://www.speederxp.com/en/index.html

GAMEGAIN 1.10.18.2003
    http://www.pgware.com/products-gamegain.html

And possibly a O.V. of A Speeder setup.exe I ran to license agreement stage
    no version info <s>maybe 2.7</s> 2.8 ( c l&#39;f. post/ss..... )
    Download click here > 384.4K 09/07/2003 as_setup.exe
    Links functional but have not been tested for exact file/version (click on link oar right click save target as)

CALM

Originally posted by locustfurnace@Oct 17 2003, 08:32 PM
    are you wanting this program to speed you up, or slow you down?
    if your wanting to slow down, there is Mo&#39;Slo, good for playing old games on todays faster CPU&#39;s.
    Mo&#39;Slo
    HAHAHA Now I have seen everything&#33; Who would&#39;ve thought&#33;
    That said -- I am going to download that because I have an old shoot-em-up-wild-west game that I really liked to play.
    THANKS&#33; :blink: :blink:

Super Moderator

Originally posted by Goslow+Oct 18 2003, 09:27 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Goslow @ Oct 18 2003, 09:27 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>And possibly a O.V. of A Speeder setup.exe I ran to license agreement stage
    no version info maybe 2.7
    [/b]

the link is for the Aspeeder v2.8, i ran across alot of them myself, but i just downloaded the current version, then compared filesizes, and installed them, and they are both the same program, v2.8

the SpeederXP, looks exactly like the SpeedGear app. i dont even think there exists a difference in the program as they look exactly the same. Since there is not much to these apps.

<!--QuoteBegin--CALM
    @Oct 18 2003, 09:36 AM
    HAHAHA Now I have seen everything&#33; Who would&#39;ve thought&#33;That said -- I am going to download that because I have an old shoot-em-up-wild-west game that I really liked to play.
    THANKS&#33; :blink: :blink:
    [/quote]
    Yea, these slow-down app are good when you are running very old games, such as old 286 titles, which run extremely too fast on modern systems and are unplayable. Even on a 386 machines, i have had to install Mo&#39;Slo to play these old 286 titles. they just ran in hypermode.

Thanks 4 checkn that link l&#39;f.
    maybe you didnt uninstall moslow cause I think u missed a post re: todays active topics
    The program twins might give you an extra trial if they register differently? -perhaps only take two installs & <>50 startups to find out

Super Moderator

Originally posted by Goslow@Oct 18 2003, 12:51 PM
    Thanks 4 checkn that link l&#39;f.
    maybe you didnt uninstall moslow cause I think u missed a post re: todays active topics
    The program twins might give you an extra trial if they register differently? -perhaps only take two installs & <>50 startups to find out
    I did not instal Mo&#39;Slow. I have not used that app in several years.
    I did not miss a post either i seen your addition to cleandisk on the proper thread too.

I install the apps, but never keep them long. since i restore my windows system on a monthly basis, to rid of all the test software installed. I dont have a need for any of these speed up apps, since no longer mess with games and all the apps i do use generally come with a REALTIME or IDLE process adjustment routine.