Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Schulte

Hello
    I'm looking for a program called Monkey Sort 1.9, I finally found Monkey Sort 1.14 after many hours of searching, but I would like the latest version, the old is hard to navigate in.

It is a program that will take a folder of files & re-organize them into alpabetized folders, I tested v1.14 on 4500 PDF files, the program does exactly as I want, but it was written for win9x & I would like to find a newer version, I guess its really not newer since it seems the author is no where to be found.

There seems to be another program like it called File Sifter, but I am unable to find that one also.

I any one out there has either one of these OR knows of a better or similiar solution please reply.

Schulte

Thanks for the quick reply, I guess I shouldn't have said I couldn't find File Sifter, its that I did not want to pay for the download just to find out that its max file limit is 1000 files like a lot of the VB based programs are.

I think I did find the 1st listing of Monkey Sort, but I definitely did not see that they had a free version available.

What search engine did you use to find these links?

I used Lycos, Google & some of the MetaCrawler type engines found at Allsearchengines.com

Super Moderator

a Russian search engine, i think i found the File Sifter on google
    I had used a free program that did what you wanted, but i can not rem what it was, it did the file sorting into foldernames, and that was something i did not want, so i tossed it, and had to refix all my files. Now i can not rem the name of the program