Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Thread: Partition Magic

dwollum

Does anybody know where I can get a copy of partition magic 2.0.

Super Moderator

Why are you looking for PM2.0? any particular reasons?
    FREEWARE alternatives
    • Diskman A suite of advanced programs designed to perform a variety of low level hard disk related tasks. Delete, create and manipulate disk partitions. Quickly copy every file into image files for easy backup and later restore. Export volumes or entire physical drives for later restore.
    • FIPS is a program for non-destructive splitting of harddisk partitions
    • Ranish Partition Manager is a boot manager and hard disk partitioner.
      It gives users high level of control for running multiple operating systems,
      such as Linux, FreeDOS, FreeBSD, and Windows 98/Me/XP on a single disk.
    • BootPart is an easy tool for adding additional partitions to the Windows NT multi boot menu (for example, add the OS/2 boot manager or a Linux partition).
    • the Partition Resizer v1.3.4 The first free program to resize and move partitions without data loss, is now more complete, with support for disks up to 2TB of size
    • Free FDISK The official FDISK of FreeDOS
    • Delpart Deletes NTFS partitions, useful when you need to clear NTFS partitions from NT or W2K drives and reinstall Windows 95/98/Millennium.
    • TestDisk Tool to check and undelete partition. Works with the following partitions: FAT12, FAT16, FAT32, Linux EXT2/EXT3, Linux SWAP (version 1 and 2), NTFS (Windows NT/W2K/XP), BeFS (BeOS), UFS (BSD), Netware, ReiserFS

don't forget the DOS tool FDISK, which should already be included in your Windows OS

I forgot

i could do with something similar to partition magic but preferably a free version,not too large to download , i want to be able to remove three partitions fromm a hard drive without losing the data on it,the drive is 8gig and has been split into 4 drives i want to make it into 1 drive without reinstalling windows etc is this possible.

Super Moderator

Do a search on past posting, this has been answered already. You will find a few programs that handle partitions, you can check these postings for some free partitioning apps
    http://www.oldversion.com/talk/index.php?a...&st=0#entry4650
    http://www.oldversion.com/talk/index.php?a...&st=0#entry4498
    Why are there 4 partitions anyways? is it possible that the hard drives were split into 2 gig partitions because the BIOS can not handle anything larger than 2.1gigs? or is Windows using the FAT filesystem, and not the FAT32?
    How old is the system?

Administrator

LF,( i forgot )was me, yeah i forgot to log in, have done the pc now anyway, i realised after i had made this post that i hadnt signed in and also hadnt searched the listings, i found what i needed from an old post., i tried to remove the partitions and guess what, yeah i got it wrong and ended up formatting and starting all over again, mind you im rather glad i did,its a gateway machine , late 1999 pentium 3 , 450mhz, 240 mb, god only knows why it was set up like it was, there wre 4 partitions 3 at 1.99 gb and one at 1.87 so yeah i thought 7.5gb hard drive split in 4, but i removed all the partitions and formatted it and then realised it is actually a 12gb hard drive,heaven knows how it got set up like it was,im thinking now some one must have thought along your lines of it only supporting partitions of 2gb and so they split it , is there a limit on how many partitions you can make due to drive lettering ? im just wondering.
    simply me

Super Moderator

Yes, you can only have 4 Primary partitions, but you can extended partitions, and within those extended partitions, you can have logical ones, so basically you could have almost as many as ya wanted. But all still limited to 4 primary's, so you could have 3 primary's, and 1 extended with 10 logical parts in that, which could give you 13 partitions.
    also, maybe the previous owner was using win95a, which only had support for the fat16, ie. 2 gig parts sizes.
    I have only ever really gone to drive letter T:, currently i am just at O:
    but that alot of drives in itself.

westi2002

I'm looking for PM 5. I bought the program a few years ago, downloadable from the PQ website, but due to bad CD-ROM's I lost it.

Since the program is too old now , PQ stopped support and distribution and nevertheless I showed them proof of purchase, they told me to buy a new version. I'm still running Win98SE, so version 5 is a perfect fit for me.

Anyone can help?

Super Moderator

Please read the pinned topic How to Request an App if your not certain on how to make a request, then add the necessary info back into this thread.
    Originally posted by FAQS@ http://www.oldversion.com/faq.php
    Why do you only have freeware and shareware?
    This is not a "warez" site. We are able to legally distribute only freeware and shareware, since they are free.
    The best you can get is a demo version, we can not provide you with a full working version, even if you have a license. That would be piracy.
    Only found DEMO versions for 7 & 8.

Additional partitioning tools, mostly Freeware apps.
    http://www.oldversion.com/talk/index.php?a...&st=0#entry4650

Default Partition Magic 5??

Anyone have it, pretty please?
    Cheers,
    looper