Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    The Dude

I have a Question,

The E on my interent explorer dissapeared,now im stuck with a globe for that icon,HOW DO I GET THE 'E' BACK?????? (You know the blue light blue E for ie)

I have another program associated with that icon,and when i try and change it,it goes to that programs icon and not the E..I had it before,this computer im on SUCKS!!!!!!

Any help would be appreaciated!!!

Thanx

The Dude

Super Moderator

Open Windows Explorer, then select TOOLS, then Folder Options, then FileTypes and see if Iexplorer is listed, then edit and change the icon.

also, try clicking on the Quicklaunch taskbar's IE icon. right click it, select Propertys, then Change Icon, and change it to the icon you want it to be.

Thanx buddy,i re-downloaded it (IE6) and then uninstalled it and found a DLL with that E in it,so i just changd it to that dll and selected the E..

Thank you though,and nice site.......

The Dude

Super Moderator

Originally posted by The Dude@Oct 25 2003, 06:52 PM
    i re-downloaded it (IE6) and then uninstalled it
    that also works!

Yes i suppose it does

See,i have a different browser associated with that E,i dont have IE,i have MyIE Which is far better than IE!!

I do have a question though,With this browser,IT DOES NOT RECOGNIZE JAVA!!

If i go HERE if displays Java 1.1.4 If i go there from Netscape,it displays Java 1.4.2

I have tried re-installing java over and over,to no avail......

I dunno if its cause of the user-agent data not being the same in MYIE2 as IE or what.......

There is someone on the DISCUSSION SITE said they have java working 100% with MyIE2......I have no idea how!!!!!! (They have java 1.4.2_02)

If someone could point me in the right direction,it'd be very appreaciated!!!

The Dude

Super Moderator

Originally posted by The Dude@Oct 26 2003, 05:54 PM
    I do have a question though,With this browser,IT DOES NOT RECOGNIZE JAVA!!

If i go HERE if displays Java 1.1.4 If i go there from Netscape,it displays Java 1.4.2
    Right, java is not a single app, that works with all browsers, it is usually packaged with the browser. Netscape comes with its own, IE has its own, IE has a JAVA from Microsoft, while Netscape uses the Java from SUN Microsystems.
    MyIE does not use the other brosers VM, it will use it's own, or, installed in a way that the MyIE recognizes the installed Java.
    there is different forms of java also, there is the Java JRE (runtime environment) the Java VM (virtual machine) Java SDK (software development kit). It could be that MyIE has not built their browser with native java support, so you will need to look on their site to see what the recommend and steps on how-to add Java.
    I am not presently running MyIE, nor do i have it installed. so i can not see the preferences for adding java at this time.
    Opera Web browser is one that can be downloaded with Java or without Java.

Hmmmmm,

Ill have to tell my friend who is working on the builds for this,thats a good idea....

Well,there is an option to add IE plugins/MyIE plugins,i was thinking of trying to add java as a plug in (Hehehehe) I dunno.......

Ya,i suggest downloading it my friend,you will like it 100%!!!

Auto pop up blocker,etc...........

The Dude

Super Moderator

Originally posted by The Dude@Oct 27 2003, 06:43 PM
    Ya,i suggest downloading it my friend,you will like it 100%!!!

Auto pop up blocker,etc...........

The Dude
    Well i dont use Windows too much, i spent more time running different operating systems, such as Solaris and FreeBSD, that i dont worry much about browsers these days, I prefer Galeon and Lynx, though not liking the way Galeon has been heading lately so just stick with Konqueror web browser mostly. And I use Netscape on Solaris.

I have run Firebird, which has alot of plug-ins, such as pop-up blockers, but with a good crafted HOSTS file and disabling javascripting, pop-ups are not an issue even on IE.

All that and more can be done on MyIE2 my friend!!!

You can disable Java applets,images,sounds,flash,scripts (Which comes in very handy on 1 site i goto),videos,ActiveX,very good program

I credit Bloodchen 100% (The author) I am trying to help him work out certain bugs,etc........The program doesnt recognize a dsl/CABLE CONNECTION under Win98,and as a result,doesnt display network speed....Im trying to help him work that out.........

I love the auto-pop up blocker as well......

The Dude

Well,

I have come to find out that the person that has Java working 100% with MyIE has XP,i have 98

Still,there has gotta be a DLL or something to make the latest java prg work with MyIE2 under 98!!!!!

The Dude

EDIT:

Java now works 100% with MyIE2/Maxthon
    Last edited by The Dude; 06-22-2007 at 11:29 PM.