Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

james _guest

greetings,
    are there any players/jukebox that have line-in recording. i noticed mmjb does, but its only available in the plus version. what about realjukebox or foobar2000 or..?

thanks in advance

Super Moderator

There are alot of apps that do in-line recording, your referring to recording from a tape desk or external player connected to the soundcard right? From simple recorders to complex ones. such as SAW PRO & Sound Forge.
    for a FREE app, similar to the above mentioned apps, you might want to give Audacity a try, its free.
    http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

fbse

A very simple Line In recorder is "Advanced MP3/WMA Recorder 3.8"

You can record Mp3 and WMA and Wav on the fly (means directly, so no conversion afterwards).

Release data:06/06/2003 Size : 5.24M

Requirements

• Pentium class 350 MHz processor or better
    • Memory: 64M RAM
    • SVGA or higher resolution display
    • Operating System: Windows 95/98/NT/2000/ME/XP
    • Free Disk Space: 8.0 MB
    • Sound cards
    • Speakers/headphones
    • Keyboard
    • Mouse (recommended)
    Direct and Realtime MP3/WMA Record form anywhere?
    Yes! All in Advanced MP3/WMA Recorder!

Advanced MP3/WMA Recorder is a powerful Windows sound program that will record any sound generated, or requested, by any other computer program such as Windows Media Player, Quick Time, WinAmp, etc. Additionally, it also will record any sounds that come from the Internet through your sound card, either as audio files or live streams. Your favorite recorded sounds are direct saved in mp3,wma or wma format.
    Advanced MP3/WMA Recorder also will allow you the option to record any online audio conversations, such as those on Internet Telephony. Whether you want to record business conversations to later be transposed to handy notes for future reference, or keep your sweetheart's voice to be played when you get lonesome, you can count on Advanced MP3/WMA Recorder to provide you with the advantage of recording the audio for safekeeping.

If you would like to "try before you buy," you may download the shareware version , which limits recordings to 60 seconds. If you want to record for unlimited time,please register first,The registration fee is only $29.95,and we offer 15 day unconditional money back guarantee.

Advanced MP3/WMA Recorder 3.8: new release

Directly and real-time mp3 recorder sound recorder software.

1. Record Sound to MP3/WMA/WAV files from your cassette tape directly.
    2. Record Sound to MP3/WMA/WAV files from any voice from MIC directly.
    3. Record Sound to MP3/WMA/WAV files from CD audio directly while playing.
    4. Record Sound to MP3/WMA/WAV files from any other sound line in such as radio , TV , CD Player directly.
    5. Record any(Web DownStream/AVI/WMV/ASF/ RM/AU/MIDI...) to MP3/WMA/WAV files only if you can hear it!

Advanced MP3/WMA Recorder is a directly and real-time sound recorder software, which offers professional recording features with mp3 and wma support.

Advanced MP3/WMA Recorder makes a complete sound recorder studio of your computer. With Advanced MP3/WMA Recorder you can record sound from microphone, streaming audio from the Internet, or music played by Winamp, Windows Media Player, Quick Time, Real Player, Power DVD, Flash, games, etc. Sound quality of the recordings remains excellent, or sounds even better for Advanced MP3/WMA Recorder reduces noise. Advanced MP3/WMA Recorder is able to automatically detect the recording formats your sound card supports and then set the application's parameters for the best possible performance. Your recordings are then saved as Mp3,Wma or Wav files.

Advanced MP3/WMA Recorder have directly to disk ability allows you to record sound without running out of memory as long as there's enough disk space. Advanced MP3/WMA Recorder can record directly to mp3 or wma audio format, and saving you valuable disk space not using any temporary files.

Advanced MP3/WMA Recorder interface is easy to use and perfect for both novice and expert PC users.

• Record from any sound sources only if you can hear it.
    • Remove hisses and pops.
    • Power mp3 encoder setting with VBR,CRC,Filtering support.
    • Using Windows media encoder v8.0.
    • Support 48000/44100/32000/24000/22050/16000/12000/11025/8000Hz, Mono/Dual Channels/Forced Joint Stereo/Joint Stereo/Stereo.

• Record-Pause function.

• Playback mp3,wma and wav files.

• Automatically detect the recording formats your sound card supports and then set the application's parameters for the best possible performance.

• Support recording to mp3 and wma file directly without creating any temporary files.
    • Directly to disk ability allows you to record without stopping if there is enough disk space left.
    • Ease of use interface.

• Operation Indicators.

• 100% Windows XP compatible.

Is that enough info for you'?

Super Moderator

you posted all that, but did not include the link to the site.
    http://www.xaudiotools.com/
    a link to that much info would be sufficient too.
    I would not recommened any app that records to WMA, mp3 is even an old format that does not, compared with the newest formats - MPC, AAC, MP4, OGG, sound as good.
    not good to use WMA, due to its reliance on the Windows OS. there are some hardware players but not many.

thanks for the post

liquid boy

yeah, audacity is a great application - plus i'ts open source, and its always good to support open sourrce projects :P

kirtley

I prefer Audiograbber - I've used it for years. I think it's the best-designed software I've ever used. And it's free!

Chris

Super Moderator

Originally posted by kirtley@Nov 10 2003, 08:38 PM
    I prefer Audiograbber - I've used it for years. I think it's the best-designed software I've ever used. And it's free!

Chris
    Audiograbber and Audio Catalyst are fine software for getting your music in AS-IS, but does little for improving the quality of the signal.
    If you just want to record something and dont think the quality needs improved, yea thats an OK app to use.

guest_Tom

Originally posted by locustfurnace+Nov 11 2003, 02:05 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (locustfurnace @ Nov 11 2003, 02:05 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--kirtley@Nov 10 2003, 08:38 PM
    I prefer Audiograbber - I&#39;ve used it for years. I think it&#39;s the best-designed software I&#39;ve ever used. And it&#39;s free&#33;

Chris
    Audiograbber and Audio Catalyst are fine software for getting your music in AS-IS, but does little for improving the quality of the signal.
    If you just want to record something and dont think the quality needs improved, yea thats an OK app to use. [/b][/quote]
    If you use the Algorithmix plug-ins with Audiograbber it really improves the sound. I cannot have any complaints about the results of using these with Audiograbber for my line-in recordings. They are not free but registered Audiograbber owners get a discount.

Originally posted by james _guest@Oct 26 2003, 03:41 AM
    i noticed mmjb does, but its only available in the plus version.
    Line in recording is avalable in the basic version Musicmatch 6.0 which can be downloaded at oldversion.com