Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Thread: 'ex'-os:

handyman

As I install Win3.11 Workgroups, using Virtual PC v5.2 on
    Windows XP Home Edition,
    it just could not complete its installation, it seems that certain files, though included in the CD, isn't working anymore.
    Any help is great appreciated in need of correct files,
    then at least, I can find out for myself what is like to be using that particular 'ex'-OS.

Super Moderator

You dont need to start a new thread, you can continue in your first thread you started with the same topic.
    http://www.oldversion.com/talk/index.php?a...t=ST&f=3&t=1443
    As for helping with a missing WFW3.11 file, that is not possible. If you want help setting it up, thats fine, But giving you a file from a retail app is not permissible under the OS license.
    This site does NOT give out retail apps, that is illegal. WFW is a retail app not a shareware title.

Not all OS's will install properly in a VM. but i dont see why WFW wont, just make sure to clean the CD from any fingerprints and try it again.
    Else. copy the WFW files and make floppies, since that was the way WFW was installed originally, it was not available via CDrom.

dont expect much from WFW. it is miles away from XP.