Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Originally posted by agoc@Oct 31 2003, 04:31 PM
    That is wonderful! Now I got my hands full. But for now I better get away from this demon (a.k.a. my PC) and get some things done, and take in some fresh air ...maybe...
    I'll get back on this. :blink:
    agoc
    fresh air? you don't like the re-circulated PC powersupply air? it keeps the PC cool, dont forget the fan on the CPU, you could inhale some of that fine breeze as well. whats alittle silicon chip dust in the lungs?
    or are you not getting enough monitor radiation tanning?

agoc

Even more, that DC-fan recirculated/forced air is ozone enriched, I think. :wacko: Tanned? I shunned from the CRT to avoid the radiation, I'm using TFT monitors whenever feasible (I know the TFT is not as fast as the CRT, so it is not the best for arcade games; but the CRT was giving me the red spots). I've had my sunny days this summer and I took in the Russian spirit that surrounded me on the Atlantic shore in Brighton Beach/Little Odessa, the South edge of Brooklyn... which brings me back to nice Mr. Medved... I still get double vision from that Medved ad banner (Russian mafia again&#33. Is this fellow so smart that nobody can find a work around? I know, It's only like 5 bucks a month to have him take off that darn ad banner, but it buggs me to find out how he does it. :huh:
    By the way, what happens to a guru if he cuts off his beard?
    locustfurnace guru, have another look at (Medved) QuoteTracker, please... when you can...
    I hope you can tell I enjoy your answers something grand. ("something grand" means "tremendously")
    Thanks all, and first of all to our guru host.
    Agoc (trick or treat! :P)

Super Moderator

Originally posted by agoc@Nov 1 2003, 02:22 AM
    By the way, what happens to a guru if he cuts off his beard?
    without a beard, your title is NERD.
    i will take another look at the app, since i now see ICQ 2003b also changed settings which bypass my ad defeating techniques. so i have that to look at once again also.

agoc

furn, thank you, I KNOW you&#39;ll have fun with it. <_<
    guru work :huh:
    http://min.midco.net/w0hju/temp4/NOBREAK.html

Super Moderator

thats an Office Works desk obviously, where are the multiple systems, the Sun servers? the SGI workstations? and the gallons of pepsi and the tv? no tv? no routers, switches, kvm&#39;s.
    such a horror to be an office worker with a single puter.

agoc

furn and everybody that reads this, maybe, if you don&#39;t mind, you look at v.2.4.5... I couldn&#39;t find any older V that still does something useful. if anybody needs registration w scottrader for the real-time quotes, no problem. just write agoc@go.com

Super Moderator

Originally posted by agoc@Nov 1 2003, 05:01 AM
    furn and everybody that reads this, maybe, if you don&#39;t mind, you look at v.2.4.5... I couldn&#39;t find any older V that still does something useful. if anybody needs registration w scottrader for the real-time quotes, no problem. just write agoc@go.com
    is the registration FREE, or are you talking about a purchased code or serial number, since that, if thats what your meaning, would be illegal to share, UNLESS they permit it. and here at Oldversion.com that is not acceptable on the board. Not ones to go beyond the freebies and sharewares here for anything that is not permissible.

you did nothing wrong, but i just need to make it clear of the forums policy on sharing serials or whatever, thats not encouraged or permitted.

Just making sure everything stays in the boards rules.

anyways, yea the older apps sometimes do lack the more useful features found in more recent versions.
    Did you manage to try any of the other freebies posted? any useful for what your looking to obtain?

agoc

is the registration FREE, or are you talking about a purchased code or serial number, since that, if thats what your meaning, would be illegal to share, UNLESS they permit it. and here at Oldversion.com that is not acceptable on the board. Not ones to go beyond the freebies and sharewares here for anything that is not permissible. (...) Just making sure everything stays in the boards rules
    The registration is FREE (only the time and patience to do it, is not). I&#39;m respectfully observing the rules. And I admire locustfurnace&#39;s dedication to many noble things, including this site&#39;s ethics. I welcome your observation without reserve. I should have made sure in my preavious post that I was leaving no room for a possible sneaky meaning. (I guess in legal terms, it&#39;s said "to cover your ass")

I saved all the URLs that have been KINDLY posted within this topic, and a few other URLs, like the site for IE download, and the site for imaging your HD. Thank you furn. I haven&#39;t tried any of them extensively yet, but they all look equally interesting, so much so that I don&#39;t know which to test first.

I would love to learn how to search file names on fpt sites/servers; can you please hint the best way to get started into ftp&#39;s?

Thank you all,
    agoc

Super Moderator

Originally posted by agoc+Nov 1 2003, 06:21 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (agoc @ Nov 1 2003, 06:21 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>I&#39;m respectfully observing the rules. And I admire locustfurnace&#39;s dedication to many noble things, including this site&#39;s ethics. [/b]

yes, i observe the rules because i happen to be the moderator of the forum

<!--QuoteBegin--agoc
    @Nov 1 2003, 06:21 AM
    I would love to learn how to search file names on fpt sites/servers; can you please hint the best way to get started into ftp&#39;s? [/quote]

searching is simple, once you learn how. no, not really. searching is just a repetitive task. you try this and try that and try this and try that.
    i usually start out on google, to find the current version of the file, if it was not mentioned in the post. then i just look at the filename or download the current version file, and use the filename to search with. since the download file will always diff from the actual name of the program&#33;
    thats it.

agoc

Silly me&#33;&#33;&#33; I never thought of doing a search on the filename&#33;&#33;&#33; Only on the program name. :unsure: It seams SOO obvious NOW, that someONE pointed that to me. Thank you again furn. AND for the PM with the URL of that (private) site. Wow, with so many thanks to express, I could just edit a long post with only thanks in it.
    So I understand I don&#39;t need any ftp dedicated software, just using a good search engine (a.k.a. Google) will do; then, Windows/IE can access an ftp site for browsing and downloading... In this case, why on earth are there so many ftp programs? What purpose do they serve?
    Happy Sunday, (and oh yes, MANY thanks&#33;&#33;&#33,
    agoc