Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Mark

I am experiencing problems with Hotmail messages.

1. When I go to open a message from my inbox in Hotmail, the actual message opens, however, I receive in the "subject" line the following message "Unable to open message", and no message is displayed and have to re click on the inbox tab again to bring up my messages in the in box.

2. When I do open a message and click on the "next" button, I am taken back to the list of messages in my "in box".

3. Sometimes when I log into my Hotmail account, I am told there are no messages in my in box, yet, if I click on the "in box" tab, it then displays a list of current messages.

These problems have just started to occur.

I am running Internet explorer Version 6.

Any help as to why these problems are occurring would be appreciated.

Super Moderator

your best option is to contact Microsoft with these problems. Since the problem could be on the server side, and if so, there is not much any one can do to solve an issue with their servers.

Check your IE security settings, you might need to enable Active X, Javascripting. not certain, never used hotmail. re you using the Hotmail via IE, or through Outlook Express?

Just cookies and scripting would be needed by me with I.E. 5.5 if I had a hotmail address ;)

& if the *%#@ ISP had a 1/2 way decent DNS sever !! but that last bit is my problem Mark :)
    p.s. I switched off "enable emoticons for this post" but it still came out !