Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    agoc

Hi everybody.
    What a great and useful site!
    I've been searching the web for older versions of these two freeware/trialware programs:
    - Medved QuoteTracker
    - TradingSolutions
    The newer versions are too much of a resource-hog for my older system.
    I'd welcome direct file transfer or any useful URL.
    Thanks, and I'd really, really appreciate it,
    Agoc

agoc

Wonderful! And such a prompt reply! locustfurnace, you must be gathering good karma for quite a few life spans!
    Now I can only wish that one day I'll also track an old TradingSolutions (a.k.a. tsinstall.exe)... Or am I asking too much from life...?
    To locustfurnace and to all oldtimers...
    h34r: BOOO
    Happy Halloween, kids!!!

Super Moderator

Originally posted by agoc@Oct 30 2003, 05:45 AM
    Wonderful! And such a prompt reply! locustfurnace, you must be gathering good karma for quite a few life spans!
    Now I can only wish that one day I'll also track an old TradingSolutions (a.k.a. tsinstall.exe)... Or am I asking too much from life...?
    To locustfurnace and to all oldtimers...
    h34r: BOOO
    Happy Halloween, kids!!!
    your welcome, be sure to check back in a few days or often, as someone else might find the other software your seeking, just because it gets answered does not mean the post stops getting admended with newer finds. I often go back later on and find software requests and try to answer them, even long after the post has "expired" since i feel someone else who lands on OV might be seeking same app, and then gets an answer or a file.
    plus there are other members who fullfill requests, but they dont often login.

have a good holiday also!

with the addition to your posting, the extra info, helped me locate TradingSolutions build 001108, with a date/year of 2000. This is not a freeware version, but a 60 day trial, and a hefty download of 20megs. If your wanting this, you can obtain it here
    ftp://ftp.iif.hu/pub/mirror/ftp.winsite.c...s/tsinstall.exe
    here is another version, only determining this due to variance in file sizes, this is 24.2 megs.
    ftp://ftp.uam.es/mirror/tucows/files6/tsinstall.exe

agoc

locustfurnace, thank you again! You are special!
    For anybody interested, who read the previous post, the link
    ftp://ftp.iif.hu/pub/mirror/ftp.winsite.c...s/tsinstall.exe works great. The other link, ftp://ftp.uam.es/mirror/tucows/files6/tsinstall.exe, didn't work, and when I truncated it to ftp://ftp.uam.es/mirror/tucows/files6/ it said:
    "Make sure you have permission to access this folder. Details: 550/mirror/tucows/files6/: No such file directory".
    But I did some digging around, and I found it at
    ftp://ftp.uam.es/pub/mirror/tucows/files6...6/tsinstall.exe.
    Now for the touchy part... anyone knows a free -- I love this word: "FREE" -- way of getting rid of the annoying ad banner in Quote Tracker?
    Thanks everybody, and locustfurnace, thank you a mil!
    This site is the best!

Super Moderator

your welcome.

the link worked when i posted it, would not have posted it otherwise, so they must not have liked the new interest in their servers and shut em down.

i'll look into the ad removal/blocking later, i did a quick test on it, and it is prolly coded into the exe, and not using an external referrence for ad retrivel, like ICQ does.

agoc

thank you so much, you are a real guru, when i grow up I'll be just like you, except everybody that knows me has been waiting for me to grow up since we forgot when :blink:
    I'm not a greedy bastad, they reached version 3.3.3 I think, I'd be happy with 1.4.2f beta, but I can't make it to update the quotes in real-time, it is set to work with some old websites, and the websites list is not user editable... The next one I have is 2.4.5, that one would be fine, but I thought that the earlier versions would be easier to figure out...
    this guy Medved seems to be active on Forums and MBs... I hope he won't find out about this... B) and if he does, I hope he won't hate me
    wtf, I'm a negligible quantity :unsure:
    Locustfurnace, I got a glimpse at the fact that you are big in acoustics too. WHOAW! when do you have time for everything? and I have a feeling there is a lot more you're interested and active in but then again, maybe you are a speed demon, and you type your posts in seconds flat, not like me, in hours...
    (I didn't get to installing the tsinstall.exe yet... I'm only running the file "notallthere.yet")
    I'll check the MB real soon.
    Thanks!
    agoc

Super Moderator

Originally posted by agoc@Oct 31 2003, 04:57 AM
    Locustfurnace, I got a glimpse at the fact that you are big in acoustics too. WHOAW! when do you have time for everything? and I have a feeling there is a lot more you're interested and active in but then again, maybe you are a speed demon, and you type your posts in seconds flat, not like me, in hours...
    i got time for alot of different things, such as this board and a few others board i moderate at. plus i do alot of hardware repairs. just bagged 2 systems up tonight. all the while watching the satellite tv.
    the trick is to sleep very very little, like a few minutes a week!
    Visit all the computer shows you can, give out your email address to customers who need help cause the vendors dont know anything about computing, blacken all the windows in your house- so you never know what time it is, or just move to Finland where it is daylight and dark for 6 months out of the year, this helps with the no sleep factor, buy as many computers you can, or house, i now have 30 systems, and make sure you got 4 monitors running to systems showing you realtime info, blend that in with some computerized/generated music best served via Wireless headphones, and grow a super long beard, and master the Vi Unix editor, and you too can be a guru!

Super Moderator

found some more FREE money apps.
    • Market Analysis System (MAS) The Market Analysis System (MAS) is an open-source software application that provides tools for analysis of financial markets using technical analysis. MAS provides facilities for stock charting and futures charting, including price, volume, and a wide range of technical analysis indicators.
      http://eiffel-mas.sourceforge.net/
    • Stock Analyzer Free software offering stock intelligent and classic technical analysis, buy / sell signal forecast, TA performance calculation, stock quotes, stock market
      http://www.stock-anal.com/
    • Best-Charts stock chart parameter optimization, optimal buy and sell signals, back-testing, Bullish/Bearish Indicator, market trend forecast, stock market analysis, stock quote, many inventions.
      http://www.best-charts.com/
    • Inverline The Inverline.com free Web Service is a Charting Windows application that connects to Inverline.com web site and retrieves updated historical stock quotes from over 4000 stocks.
      http://www.inverline.com/download/
    • Advanced Analyzer
      http://www.bigeasyinvestor.com/#
    • Stock Market Charting Software
      http://www.incrediblecharts.com/online_cha...ee_download.htm

agoc

That is wonderful! Now I got my hands full. But for now I better get away from this demon (a.k.a. my PC) and get some things done, and take in some fresh air ...maybe...
    I'll get back on this. :blink:
    agoc