Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Web Browsers

hildred241

No way to compare Internet Explorer with any other browser.
    Yeah right. I'm sorry, but the only reason you probbably know about IE is 'cos it comes with Windows. It doesn't have any features, no pop up blocker, no tabbed browsing. OK, they're brnging popup blocker and tabs in SP2, but only to draw level with the market!

Firefox rocks. Fast. Customizable. Popup[ blocker. Tabbed browsing. And a perfectly formed small convinient search bar, whichg enbgines can be added to, autmaticallly comes with google.

CM

I ONLY use Netscape and I have never had a site that wouldnt work for me, but if I did, it would be a site that I did NOT visit!!!!!
    (NS and Mozilla are quite similar)

I spoof my UA if I can't visit the site ^_^

Super Moderator

Mozilla Firefox 1.0PR released. (1 million downloads in 4 days)
    http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/re...eases/0.10.html
    You can now open blocked popups, and the Extension install system now blocks all attempts to install software from sites other than update.mozilla.org. Users can add other sites to a list that allows them to offer software, but software is never automatically installed. In addition to these steps, several other measures have been taken to prevent phishing attacks and to highlight when a page is being viewed over a secure connection.
    This should help reduce spyware's impact.

Illegal Concepts

Originally posted by hildred241@Aug 16 2004, 07:10 AM
    No way to compare Internet Explorer with any other browser.
    Yeah right. I'm sorry, but the only reason you probbably know about IE is 'cos it comes with Windows. It doesn't have any features, no pop up blocker, no tabbed browsing. OK, they're brnging popup blocker and tabs in SP2, but only to draw level with the market!

Firefox rocks. Fast. Customizable. Popup[ blocker. Tabbed browsing. And a perfectly formed small convinient search bar, whichg enbgines can be added to, autmaticallly comes with google.
    Agreed, I just can't belive that IE didn't have Tabs for the longest time! tabs in web browsers are wonderful!!!

The only time I used IE is for Windows Update, I usually surf the net with Netscape, and I love how Firefox has one option to delete the cache, cookies, user names and passwords.

I like Opera, a FAST browser for the older systems..

Spring Rubber

Originally posted by guest_Brian@Aug 5 2004, 07:40 PM
    FireFox - The Best
    http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/

Has the functionality of Netscape and Internet Explorer put together, but its lighter than each of them - Only 4 megabytes. it has a Searchable History Folder, autocomplete, bookmarks . Configurable plugins, totally skinnable (ability to change the look), saves passwords, and usernames for different websites, comes with a google search bar that can be disabled. a bookmark tab bar that can be hidden. It comes with a popup blocker. The pop up allows sites of your choice to pop up windows. It doesn't go crazy with javascipt errors like netscape does. it handles any netscape plugin that internet explorer couldn't. and any ie plugin that netscape can't. you can add or remove enhansements and skins and keep the ones you want. this browser was recommended to me last week and i am very happy with it. And best of all - It's entirely free. i recommend that Oldversion.com supports this software it's the best browser ive ever tried. Both Netscape and IE have given me problems in the past. Firefox hasn't. Give it a try. it's a great program.
    Actually OldVersion.com needn't support FireFox, as you can get any old version of it at ftp.mozilla.org and if it gets any older, it will then move to archive.mozilla.org.

That's one thing I like about Mozilla's open source status, you can get any build of any program they make right from their FTP servers/mirrors.

NeonLightning

i personally use Firefox(firebird's newest version) and if that doesn't work(my dad has a totally fried computer) i use Links witch is a hack of Lynx and it should just be a upgrade as far as most of the other ones listed here they are mostly based of IE so if you don't like IE don't use them konq is good and all but kinda buggy at times same goes for galleon

Super Moderator

http://www.mozillaquest.com/Linux04/KDE-Ko...01_Story01.html
    MozillaQuest has award Konqueror the Editors Choice Award over Mozilla's Firefox.

The recent release of the Mozilla Organization's Firefox browser has sparked interest in alternatives to:
    ( a ) Microsoft's Internet Explorer (IE) browser,
    ( b ) AOL's Netscape browser, and
    ( c ) the Mozilla Organization's own Mozilla browser.

However, our favorite browser is KDE's Konqueror Web-browser and file-manager.

Interestingly, Konqueror in some ways might be more customizable than the Firefox, Mozilla, or Netscape browsers.

The KDE Konqueror browser seems to take less memory than do the Firefox, Mozilla, and Netscape browsers. Konqueror seems faster too. Moreover, Konqueror has a very good, open source, rendering engine. In our opinion, Konqueror is more efficient than the Firefox, Mozilla, and Netscape browsers.

guitarguynboston

What the heck is Firebird is it a spoof of Mozilla's Firefox?

Super Moderator

Originally posted by guitarguynboston@Dec 20 2004, 03:43 PM
    What the heck is Firebird is it a spoof of Mozilla's Firefox?
    Phoenix, Firebird and Firefox, are/were all the names of the same Mozilla (Netscape) product, but was changed over time.