Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Web Browsers

aem4162

myie2...it's a heck of a lot more stable than ie6 (i had a heck of a lot of problems with it crashing/locking up), it's skinnable, frequent upgrades...

Sara

I've been using Avant Browser for a year now and I have to say that I don't know how I did without it! Great support forum, responsive author--one guy, Anderson Che, is the developer and the program has been evolving ever since I started using it. It stops pop-ups, plays well with most download managers, has a Google search bar, the current beta has ad-block, right click translations and the whole kit and kaboodle is skinnable!

Avant Browser Home Page

Sara

SickLove

No way to compare Internet Explorer with any other browser.
    But Opers is not bad and the worst is 100% Netscape

Microsoft Maniac

Super Moderator

Originally posted by SickLove@Dec 22 2003, 08:30 PM
    No way to compare Internet Explorer with any other browser.
    But Opers is not bad and the worst is 100% Netscape

Microsoft Maniac
    Would you like to explain alittle on your reasoning as to why you feel Ms IE is that good, since there are not many who feel as you say you do.

I have to give my vote to Konqueror as the best I presently use. though ocassionaly I also use the Nautilus Environment but I dont spend enough time using it. and then i have to pick Links & Lynx as favorite text-only browsers.
    I use Konqueror with its panel explorer, 2 windows and xterm on 1 UI. this i find the be extremely useful and permits very fast file managment, short of using Midnight Commander. and since Konqueror can display just about any file in a preview panel, movies, text, htmls, pdfs, ps, shell scripts, NFS & Samba shares, and is highly customizable; short-cuts keys editible, I/O slaves; such I/O slave as Music Manager, which permits Konqueror to edit Vorbis comments or ID3tag editing, then there is its html picture image generator and cant forget its built in cvs utility... i find it to be one of the most powerful browsers out there.

Originally posted by aem4162@Dec 3 2003, 04:44 PM
    "myie2...it's a heck of a lot more stable than ie6 (i had a heck of a lot of problems with it crashing/locking up), it's skinnable, frequent upgrades..."

Yes,i use MyIE2 and it is far better than ANYTHING ELSE LISTED HERE and I would recommend it hand down...

The Dude

I use Opera v7.21 build 3218, swedish version. The best IMO

Super Moderator

Originally posted by The Dude+Dec 24 2003, 08:09 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (The Dude @ Dec 24 2003, 08:09 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--aem4162@Dec 3 2003, 04:44 PM
    "myie2...it&#39;s a heck of a lot more stable than ie6 (i had a heck of a lot of problems with it crashing/locking up), it&#39;s skinnable, frequent upgrades..."

Yes,i use MyIE2 and it is far better than ANYTHING ELSE LISTED HERE and I would recommend it hand down...

The Dude
    *[/b][/quote]
    Thats a big statment to make, "ANYTHING ELSE LISTED HERE", since i am sure myie2 does not have built in cvs, or I/O Slaves or a terminal emulator to execute shell commands, or the ability to validate HTML and/or CSS pages or show DOM trees or a built in language translator, or image gallery creator, or handle SMB mounts, does it have a LAN browser?

Hehehehe,

I meant all other BROWSERS listed here,MyIE2 is the best&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

The Dude

Super Moderator

Originally posted by The Dude@Dec 26 2003, 05:10 AM
    I meant all other BROWSERS listed here,MyIE2 is the best&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;
    I have Konqueror listed here on this page, or are you referring to some other page. I&#39;d have to rate Lynx as a second place best, for me, since i run it across an ssh session, and thats important for testing & reading FAQ htmls when installing software on my servers, since i am not running X on them i still need a way to read the faqs and Lynx does its good.
    I am not sure many browser, other than Lynx or Links can be run across a ssh session either. So that rates it rather high for me

My Name

Originally posted by -Jk-@Dec 24 2003, 08:57 AM
    I use Opera v7.21 build 3218, swedish version. The best IMO
    Don&#39;t use Opera v.7.21 or 7.22, or earlier.
    Use v. 7.23.
    The earlier 7.xx versions have a serious security bug which was only remedied in 7.23.