Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    chester_ting

Never trust those things

For P2P advice, try www.slyck.com.

Answers for some p2p questions.

I've noticed that the program names change and the versions but no matter the p2p the questions are all the same:

Q: There are millions of users but I only see a few 100 thousand. Why?

A1: A lot of new versions limit the past versions that can share files with them. So, if you are running vG it might not share files with vA thru vD but will share with vE thru vG. Why? To encourage using the latest update. (This limiting also applies to hacked versions to rid it of ads and spyware IE Kazaa-Lite)

A2: Not every user is going to leave their computer online and hooked to the network for your leeching pleasure.

Q: I request a song but all it says is "Querying" How do I make it give me my song?

A: Long and short, WAIT. Querying means it is asking for permission to download. When you ask for this permission you are assigned a number. If your number is 10 you'll get the song after the 9 ahead of you get the song first or drop out of the query.

NOTE: Dropping out of the query and returning later puts you at the back of the line where you might now be 50 instead of 10

Q: My older version doesn't seem to work as well anymore. Why?

A: A lot of new versions limit the past versions that can share files with them. So, if you are running vG it might not share files with vA thru vD but will share with vE thru vG. Why? To encourage using the latest update. So after so many upgrade your version isn't a part of their network.

Q: My program is doing this or that. Why?

A: We are NOT the devoloper. We did NOT write the code. Just because we located an older version for you does NOT mean we actually run that program ourselves. Nor are most of us willing to install it just to trouble-shoot for you. Try a p2p forum like http://www.p2p-zone.com or do your own search on the internet for p2p forum

SOLUTION: Check the devoloper's site for thier FAQs. Chances are they've dealt with this problem before. If not, drop them a line detailing the problem. Bugs can't get fixed without the devoloper knowing about them.

Q: I get all those songs that are corrupt, is there a way of filtering out these songs?

A: Try http://www.mp3shield.com

Reason for editing: Turns out that the http://www.p2p.com scattared across this forum ISN'T a p2p forum. It is the home of Port 2 Print, an online graphic communications provider.

Pun, I have several questions for you.

Q1: Which p2p program would YOU recomend(sp)?

Q2: Where else can i find out more about the best p2p programs other than p2p forums?

Q3: Where can i find out if a p2p program tracks what people download like KaZaa used to keep track of?

Originally posted by Guest@Aug 7 2004, 04:48 PM
    Pun, I have several questions for you.

Q1: Which p2p program would YOU recomend(sp)?
    I don't use p2p programs so have no suggestions for you. I gave up on p2p programs after the original Napster.

LF has listed a lot of different p2p Apps on page 1 of this topic.

Q2: Where else can i find out more about the best p2p programs other than p2p forums?
    This question I don't know how to answer, as shown in this posting everyone has an opinion. So for both Q2 & Q3 I'd have to say, Trial and Error. Go to page 1 of this post, pick out an App and give it a try. See what program works best for you and if it has the features you want like tracking what people download

chester_ting

Shareaza is good and isnt packed with spyware/viruses

http://www.shareaza.com/

i've tried everything, soulseek is definitely the best for music
    their selection is HUGE, and you can find FULL ALBUM sources of everything you want, as opposed to having to assemble a full album yourself
    even a shitload of indie, there are that many users

for downloading software, i use kazaa and an anti-virus

Just wondering if anyone here uses BearShare, and if they do what do you think about it ?

I downloaded the 4.5.1 version yesterday but have'nt got round to trying it out yet but it seems pretty good.

Opinions ?

as stated in other filesharing threads , people here for the majority especially members , do not use p2p programs , for filesharing advice try a dedicated p2p site such as www.p2p.com these guys and gals use p2p all the time and are therefore better able to advise you

Blahhh

What filesharing program has the most music, what has the best quality...Which one is faster and overall which one do you prefer.
    Not kazaa I dont like the static in my songs.