Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast
    numb

Edonkey 2000. give it a try.

My daughter is asking me if we can download "Ares" for her MP3 downloading, but I thought it would be worthwhile asking you folks, if it is any better than the others for this usage? It seems that it is the P2P of choice for her friends, but whether it is the best overall...I don't know?

I personally have used WinMX, Morpheus and Napster in the past, which both have worked well, but didn't care for the adware and pop ups that came with a couple of them. I've now got a newer computer, and have not downloaded a P2P program yet, but thought that by asking those that use them more regularly than we do, as to their safety, (hopefully) lack of adware etc.

Any help on this would be appreciated.

Thanks...

Dale

Originally posted by Powerstroke2000@Mar 7 2005, 09:36 PM
    but thought that by asking those that use them more regularly than we do, as to their safety, (hopefully) lack of adware etc.

Any help on this would be appreciated.

Thanks...

Dale
    firstly dale welcome to OV , regulars here for the most part dont use p2p stuff and really dont bother helping with it as they are not really interested either, this is mainly because there has been so much spamming on the subject resulting in the heaps of threads on the subject and the closing of many as well. nearly all posts on the subject have been made by guest posters, nothing wrong with guests i was one for ages before i registered but it can lead to much ranting on the subject which is totally unnecessary.the best advice for p2p which has been repeated over many times and here it is again for the benefit of all is try a dedicated p2p site such as www.p2pzone.com who deal with these programs and nothing else so are far more genned up on the subject, also consider the legal side of file sharing before using these programs as many people are being sued for sharing copyright material .

Fred M

Hey- for all wondering what the best software for downloading stuff; I have chosen Kazza. I also use it with another little known program called- Diet K. It helps remove spywhere, and all the other "hidden" nonsence that you dont need. Works great! Hope that helps somebody out there!!

Fred M

Hi- as I'm new to this forum stuff; sorry if I repeat myself- or if I'm somehow not posting correctly. For those with Kazza; no need to pay for it, or mourn K lite being gone. Just download Diet K, and all that nonsense that comes with it(Kazza), will be removed. Also helps to cut out alot of advertisements and such. Diet K = 5 stars!!

Originally posted by Fred M@Mar 9 2005, 03:40 AM
    Hi- as I'm new to this forum stuff; sorry if I repeat myself- or if I'm somehow not posting correctly.
    i guess thats a fact , try and learn a little before making unnecessary posts kazaa ,kazaalite, diet k, and everything kazaa related has been drilled and grilled and asked and answered till its virtually impossible to think of something different to ask about it, read through some of the threads already here on the forums and you wil see theres no more to say about it really its a has been subject but aint no more.

aladdinnas

uh i havent read the entire thread,

but u might wanna check this out

Music Planet (even softwares, videos, etc)
    http://www.download.com/3001-2166_4-10359748.html

and for torrent files get Shareaza
    http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/shareaz...use_mirror=mesh

Why not try Mammoth,its a very good P2P program......

Good Luck

Originally posted by guest_Paul@Apr 8 2004, 01:49 PM
    Go to oldversion.com and find kazaa lite. All that Kazza has got without any spyware

Paul
    a typical t++t who knows nothing about nothing k lite aint here no more. tryy www.p2pzone.com

Super Moderator

Why bring up a year old post that is P2P related, when the site has already had enough problems with p2p threads??