Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator

Originally posted by Guest+Jul 25 2004, 01:31 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Guest @ Jul 25 2004, 01:31 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--guest_guest@Jul 24 2004, 11:49 PM
    So how can i get bitTorrent to work? and what are the benefits of having bit torrent? is bit torrent and bit tornado the same thing?
    the best possible way to sort out a problem with a p2p program is to go to a p2p forum , [/b][/quote]
    I would also add.
    Just because someone here recommends an app, does not mean they developed it.
    Hint, always look on the developers site of the app your experiencing a problem with for any possible known bug issues. OR, trying reading the FAQ on the developers site.
    Especially for something like "How do I run this program?" Since thats such as first step it would have to be covered on the developers sites, else, no one would know how to use their apps.

What are the benefits? Read those on the Bit Torrent site. If you have the apps installed then you know where to look.

Then, if your still having problems, look on a dedicated forum for that particular type of program. As the guest poster has already stated. Sure, someone here might be able to give ya a pointer or 2, but thats not what this forum is about, it might get peppered now and then with someone who has used bit torrent, but you&#39;ll find more people with more hands-on at a p2pforum. This site is Oldversion, which means what people will discuss are older programs.

guest_Neo

as far i m concernec the best is WinMX. i use that and also i use edonkey2000 and the best is WinMX. edonkey doesnt work as well as WinMX. the application can be downloaded at www.winmx.com..

guest_Brian

Originally posted by ozzy@Nov 17 2003, 03:05 PM
    Hey guys, I&#39;m curious: What file sharing program is best? I used to use Kazaa, but then my computer crashed. I tried redownloading it, but it wouldn&#39;t install. So I downloaded Morpheus. It&#39;s pretty good, but it&#39;s slow. Then my friend told me about this site. So what&#39;s the best program to use?
    - Kazaa
    - Morpheus
    - LimeWire
    - etc.
    Please reply. I&#39;m probably going to go with Kazaa Lite, because there&#39;s no spyware.
    the best file sharing program i have found to be the best, was not even mentioned. Filetopia

http://www.filetopia.org

it&#39;s a freeware file sharing program with a chat feature and chatrooms, friends list, and search feature. This program is much better than kazaa because it doesn&#39;t go crazy with ads&#33; (filetopia is not adware)
    and much better than WinMX because it&#39;s much faster. I Suggest you all consider this program, give it a try. Kazaa is slowly dying (it&#39;s very seldom now that i see more than 85 000 users on kazaa now, and for kazaa that is a low count). Less every night, Filetopia is slowing building their clientelle. i suggest you give it a try.

Super Moderator

Originally posted by guest_Brian@Jul 26 2004, 01:55 PM
    the best file sharing program
    Filetopia, previous thread on Oldversion
    http://www.oldversion.com/talk/index.php?a...07&hl=filetopia

guest_Brian

Originally posted by locustfurnace+Jul 26 2004, 07:29 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (locustfurnace @ Jul 26 2004, 07:29 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--guest_Brian@Jul 26 2004, 01:55 PM
    the best file sharing program
    Filetopia, previous thread on Oldversion
    http://www.oldversion.com/talk/index.php?a...07&hl=filetopia [/b][/quote]
    oops, sorry about that. Still tho i think it&#39;s the best

jim

with kazaa lite ++ i get all those songs that are corrupt is that for ever p2p or just kazaa lite or is there anyother p2p that has less of the corrupt songs.

Beta

If you can be bothered with trawling through the acres of kazaa sewage that has unfortunately been washed up on this site try searching for MP3 Shield. Some more altruistic members would give you the link, not me, so look it up for yourself.

http://www.mp3shield.com/ JAIME ANDRES i supplied this link just in the hope that garbage wash will perhaps go out with the tide again and leave us in peace

Psyco Joe

[FONT=Arial] I say LimeWire is the best one. Its fast and reliable. And it does one thing the others dont (or so i know) as a song or file is downloading it tells you that the file is corrupt and gives you the option to continue downloading it or just to stop before it saves itself to your computer. So my opinion is get LimeWire. Something not to get is Kazaa or Kazaa Lite. I always get corupted songs as in when im playing it it starts screaching or gets staticky which is so annoying and it also seems their download are sooooo slow. So Good Luck with your choice&#33; I say go with Lime Wire&#33;

for further advice on filesharing programs try www.p2p.com this is not a filesharing forum and the continual spamming of it is getting rather boring, most members do not use them neither are they very interested in the subject either, continually spamming this site will not convert it to a p2p forum it will just bore people and perhaps force the closing of threads on such programs, others who seek help on the subject as JAIMES ANDRES has already stated have to wade through heaps of garbage already and most perhaps give up before finding an answer to their problem due to the large amount of babble about different programs, a program which one thinks is great may seem rubbish to another, nobody seems to realise that in filesharing programs your internet connection makes a great deal of difference also your location and ultimately what you are downloading as well, if you wish to know about a particular program check the developers website for specification and details or ask at a dedicated filesharing site as already stated