Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    pix3l

Originally posted by straight talker@Oct 18 2004, 01:04 AM
    many of the p2p threads have links for p2p sites who would most likely welcome your request for this info. always the best way for help is ask a dedicated site on that subject.
    Ah, I will search for them then, then research this more myself.

Thanks.

guest_van

can someone till me or give me a like to a place were i can kazaa lite... or at least the recomindation of a good p2p file sharing porgram.

this is not a filesharing forum, search through past postings and there are plenty of threads regarding filesharing apps.had you searched before posting you would of saved yourself the trouble of starting this unnecessary thread on a subject that has been exhaustively covered before, the moderator will maybe close or merge this thread soon .

Super Moderator

Originally posted by guest_van+Oct 18 2004, 03:51 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (guest_van @ Oct 18 2004, 03:51 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>can someone till me or give me a like to a place were i can kazaa lite... or at least the recomindation of a good p2p file sharing porgram.[/b]

Please do not ask for kazaa software. There are many similar apps in this thread.

<!--QuoteBegin--pix3l
    @Oct 18 2004, 03:26 PM
    Ah, I will search for them then, then research this more myself.Thanks.[/quote] I&#39;ve collected and posted many different file sharing app links, it would be the second post in the thread.

Or you can click this link to go to that reply.
    http://www.oldversion.com/talk/index.php?a...&st=0#entry5206

M3ta7h3ad

OpenNap: Open Source Napster Server extends the Napster protocol to allow sharing of any media type, and the ability to link servers together.

OpenNap-NG
    er... these are servers. NOT CLIENTS.

can you list them seperately please.

Also.. Slavanap: http://www.slavanap.org is a server with a nice pretty gui. I am actually working on a gui for the set up of an opennap server myself, as many people find text based configuration difficult.

Thank you.

btw if any of you are interested in running p2p servers please do enquire on the slavanap forums (the most active out of the lot) and we&#39;ll be glad to help you out.

Super Moderator

Originally posted by M3ta7h3ad@Oct 19 2004, 12:45 PM
    er... these are servers. NOT CLIENTS.

The name already states it is a Server, and not a client.

Here&#39;s an idea..
    Download a p2p client (any) and type "p2p" or kazaa or whichever client your looking for in the search area of the client ya have <_<

leave_me_alone_0001

Best file sharing program ever = LimeWire no doubt.
    I find more rare music files than I&#39;m not even looking for than ones I am. The only 2 problems I&#39;ve had with it are : (1) Some corrupted files every now and then but that&#39;s it. (At least it tells you which ones are corrupted unlike Kazaa Lite). and (2) I found out that LimeWire is spyware through Yahoo Anti Spy(http://toolbar.yahoo.com/config/slv4....cpdl=&.mf1=as)...but that doesn&#39;t really bother me...

leave_me_alone_0001

By the way oldversion.com doesn&#39;t have the latest version for LimeWire, but here it is : http://www.download.com/3001-2166_4-10338080.html

Beta

Originally posted by leave_me_alone_0001@Nov 19 2004, 12:17 AM
    By the way oldversion.com doesn&#39;t have the latest version for LimeWire, but here it is :
    Genuine thanks for the link but it does seem a bit ironic to assume that oldversion would host the latest version of this programme.