Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Easy CD Creater

Beta

I have what your looking for there is also patch called DriveUp and ecdc_v5.3.5.10_plt_enu

Administrator

if you have had easy cd creator platinum and removed it before i personally wouldnt bother,i had this app and have never had such a program that caused so many problems,mine never installed properly and then caused so many problems when i tried to reinstall,especially the 5 version,if i remember correctly the update patch etc for that version updates it and also removes another component because of problems that were found with it.if you really want it then its always on ebay.com but i would strongly advise a freeware alternative or you could use nero which is also cheap as chips on ebay.
    simply me

Super Moderator

Default Threads merged

Quote Originally Posted by Goslow View Post
    an existing thread is here ...
    please follow the pinned topic in the request forum

Also note, that sometimes older recording software will not work with newer hardware. They do not contain the data which allows it to operate new hardware. When they sometimes do manage to atleast locate the hardware, then they sometimes can not burn at the speeds the drive can.
    If you are successful with said program, great. If not, then the solution is to look for something else.
    There are several excellent freeware titles which are current.

Gold

Hi everyone,

I appreciate all the feedback. By the sounds of it I guess it might not be worth the effort or the risk of trying to reinstall it on my WinXP machine.

Thanks and regards,

2harts4ever

Beta

I have to disagree I know somebody and I install cd creator platinum on there xp and they can burn with no problems. I withness it has crash few times but nothing today is made perfect.

Easy CD Creator Platinum Updates It can be installed in Windows NT, 98, 2000, ME, and XP. This update will install Windows XP specific drivers and make the necessary registry entries to allow Easy CD Creator to operate correctly in Windows XP.

Easy CD Creator 5.3.5 adds drive support and several fixes. It adds support for DVD-R/RW and DVD+R/RW. It adds Windows XP support and disables Take Two in all Windows environments. More info on link http://www.roxio.com/enu/support/ecd...e_updates.html

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Windows 98SE View Post
    I withness it has crash few times but nothing today is made perfect.
    It's not to encouraging if you state you have witnessed said program crashing a few times.
    If it crashes a few times when recording to a Dual-Layer, which aren't the cheapest blanks. That would be reason enough not to use the program.

Beta

So your saying anybody buys LG Cd-Rw drive, Other etc etc which in mind it comes with Roxio not install it, return there product. Trust me Roxio works on all windows they made patch for it and from there site appears to be stable to all windows systems.

Administrator

So your saying anybody buys LG Cd-Rw drive, Other etc etc which in mind it comes with Roxio not install it, return there product. Trust me Roxio works on all windows they made patch for it and from there site appears to be stable to all windows systems.
    nobody said that at all,the replies were pointed at the original poster,just because you had a friend that uses it and the roxio website says it is all windows and stable doesnt mean much either,i myslef was giving an opinion being somebody that had used it with different drives and systems and had bad results,as far as the drives that are shipped with roxio,sure they should work fine but remember the version shipped with such drives is the basic version for which you need an upgrade to make it the full product which is where lots of problems start.
    simply me

Super Moderator

I would never recommend anyone buy an LG drive for one. Why? Simple, they have been known to not follow standard hardware codes. Which a few years ago, results in many peoples drives being permanently disabled when installing an OS. The code was to flush the buffer, but since LG did not follow standards, the LG misused code corrupted the bios.

Besides, the comment was not directed at ROXIO. It was directed at the comment you made, concerning installing software you witnessed crashing.

I have been using K3b for many years and never once did the program crash a single time in my use of it.

My experience with Roxio is limited to their "TOAST" for OSX. I have no been impressed. Infact, I do not even burn anything on my iMac. I find it far easier to simply do an NFS mount and burn the files from my Slack box via K3b.

When Easy CD Creator was 'Adaptec Easy CD Creator,' I believe I tried it once. But found it limited by not including ROMEO file extension support. So I used NTI products. Which included ROMEO as well as several versions of the UDF. Plus it supported Packet Writing.

Besides, the reply was to someone wishing to use an older version of said product. So if you state their products are stable today, you are forgetting the OP is wishing to use an older product, possibly with latter hardware.

If you install a 5+ year old CD/DVD recording software, it will not work with a newer drive. No matter how stable a product is, thats irrelevant to the point. Simply because a product can operate a CD/DVD hardware device, does not mean it can operate all CD/DVD hardware devices or record to all media.

All hardware is not created equally.

Quote Originally Posted by HajiSimbad View Post
    darric, I have a Roxio CD Creator v4.0 installation disc.
    Will that do?
    Hi Haji...could you please send me a soft copy of Roxio CD Creator v4.0 via e-mail to me at ivofaleiro@yahoo.co.in

Thanks a million in advance.

Oscar.