Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Easy CD Creater

Super Moderator

Originally posted by how in the heck?@Jun 25 2004, 02:04 PM
    files r driveup5.3.5s[1]..5s[1] and ecdc_v5.3.5.10_plt_enu[1]..10_plt_enu[1]
    so anyway how in the heck do i upgrade with out an executable file ?
    Whats the 3 letter extension to the file? That is a rather long filename from a company, They usually are rather short filenames, Most companys still keep to the 8.3 format. Which means 8 letters a DOT then extension, ie. Roxio123.exe, though not all do, but the filename you gave, thats just does not seem right.

There are freeware alternatives out that do work, and work good. Try them, you might find they work with your drive, and will save you money.
    http://www.oldversion.com/talk/index.php?a...&st=0#entry5162

guest_john7

ok the updates i downloaded were suposed 2 update it 2 version 5.3.... and according 2 what i found on their site i had support 4 the drive because the update 4 the last version 5 is updated occasionally 2 make the software accept the new drive , acually i edited the updates file names and added a .exe to the end of the file names and they accutually opend but then i got a message saying the update was only 4 the platnum version . i can't imagine y they weren't executable when i got them and they weren't ziped files.
    eventually i gave up and got a copy of roxio version 6 and it works fine.

the original files i downloaded were driveup5.3.5s[1] as in .5s[1] file extention
    and ecdc_v5.3.5.10_plt_enu[1].10_plt_enu[1] as in 10_plt_enu[1] file extention
    adding a .exe 2 the end of the file names made them open
    odd huh?

very strange but just to check i downloaded all the updates from roxio and they all ended with the file extension .exe perhaps you had a problem with the downloads ? also if you ever want a good retail app you may want to try ashampoo cd recording suite get a trial version here http://www.ashampoo.com/ by far one of the best software suppliers anywhere for all kinds of needs check em out

smiley2005

I had to search like a madman on google to get this link. They make you jump through hoops to actually download the update. What I'm trying to do is update my standalone soundstream application so I can record a full 80 minute cd. I've been burning 650MB discs with no problems whatsoever for 5 years, I recently bought new 700MB discs, and they are recognized. My Yamaha cd burner also has an update that I have to check and uncheck the DMA box in properties. pain in the ass to install that. Like I said, I've used this for years, I don't see a reason to change, I like the features, especially soundstream. I've read some nightmare software reviews for the newer roxio versions, especially for XP.

The update says something about cd creator version 4, mine happens to be version 3.5c (266), but my Soundstream is 1.0b, the one listed on the update. I hope this works for what I'm trying to do.

Are there any other websites that specialize in older software and updating it?

Someone please help me, the support at Roxio is impossible for the old adaptec products. I wonder why the page says U.K.?

Roxio Support page for old adaptec versions

Sounds to me like it updates your sound recorder to the same standard of support as if you had just installed Easy CD Creator 4.02e - look at the link below for what is supported in that version.
    Originally posted by http://www.roxio.com/en/jhtml/cdrdatabase/...drecorder3.html

The software version shown is usually the first version in which this model of recorder was (or will be) supported. The recorder is also always supported in later versions, unless otherwise noted...

smiley2005

Hooray!!! , I got Soundstream to record my eighty minute discs with no problem. Interesting, I don't think it messed with my bundled cd creator app. Soundstream was a standalone application that I paid and have the key for, I wonder why Roxio are not supporting it. If I ever started using XP, I might consider buying from them again if they weren't such -- about supporting the old adaptec software, which I'm very very happy with. It's done me well for awhile. Soundstream is a kickass product, it wavs mp3 files, and eqs them automatically, One shot burn.

Reading the Roxio website, they recommend the cd creator 6 for only 98se, they want XP people to buy the hundred dollar version. I don't need it, I'm happy with the old version.

smiley2005

[i]Originally posted by Goslow+Feb 28 2005, 02:26 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Goslow @ Feb 28 2005, 02:26 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Sounds to me like it updates your sound recorder to the same standard of support as if you had just installed Easy CD Creator 4.02e - look at the link below for what is supported in that version. <!--QuoteBegin--
    http://www.roxio.com/en/jhtml/cdrdatabase/...drecorder3.html
    ]
    The software version shown is usually the first version in which this model of recorder was (or will be) supported. The recorder is also always supported in later versions, unless otherwise noted...
    [/b][/quote]
    Thanks for the link showing the roxio page that shows support for my dependable yamaha 8424 burner. The soundstream engine upgrade was 4.02, so it looks like to get my cd creator to update, I need to get that far if I want to use that for data discs. If anyone is using 98se and using a minimum version of cd creator please comment what I need to do to get it to record 80 min. discs.

old version dot com rules, I agree with what the essential idea is, if you don&#39;t need to upgrade, don&#39;t. no matter how much it nags you to. don&#39;t reward bad customer service with any future business.

adaptec that sold off their home software should be punished also, they only do industrial software now.,

Originally posted by smiley2005@Feb 28 2005, 07:05 PM
    Hooray&#33;&#33;&#33; , I got Soundstream to record my eighty minute discs with no problem. Interesting, I don&#39;t think it messed with my bundled cd creator app. Soundstream was a standalone application that I paid and have the key for, I wonder why Roxio are not supporting it. If I ever started using XP, I might consider buying from them again if they weren&#39;t such - about supporting the old adaptec software, which I&#39;m very very happy with. It&#39;s done me well for awhile. Soundstream is a kickass product, it wavs mp3 files, and eqs them automatically, One shot burn.

Reading the Roxio website, they recommend the cd creator 6 for only 98se, they want XP people to buy the hundred dollar version. I don&#39;t need it, I&#39;m happy with the old version.
    adaptec ruled but god did it go down hill when the dreaded roxio bought it easy cd creator is utter crud from v5 up,never seen or heard of as many probs with a burning software as that rubbish. i would still be using adaptec easy cd 4 if it supported my burner i loved it and as you said the c***s dont support it anymore, if anyone is uk and wants a copy of easy cd creator 4 by adaptec i have two copies and your welcome to one of em just drop your email here and ile contact ya.

program name. easy cd pro 95
    program developer adaptec now owned by roxio
    program description , a cd burning program i need for my old pc, the machine i need it for had it but the hard drive went bad and had to be replaced and i am trying to restore it to its former glory.i have all other programs that it currently was running but this one i think was a download as i have found a copy of the email with the serial number on it from when i originally got it.any help would be greatly appreciated in helping get this program back on my machine.i have searched the pages in the requests but didnt have any luck with it

Digibop

Hello,

Anyone know how I can get Adaptec Easy CD Creater v4?

I actually had the original disc that came with my Gateway computer, but can&#39;t find it.

It has Windows ME installed and can&#39;t run the newer versions.

Thanks