Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Thread: Keebook V2.3

Leroy

Some time ago I downloaded Keebook V2.3, as Freeware, but now discovered it has been upgraded and is Shareware. I never installed it and only started investigating it a few days ago. It can be opened but it asks you to register. Should I go thru with registering or just delete it and search for something similar. Any of you folks using V2.3 at this stage?
    Many, many sites still claim it is Freeware but the moment you try to download you find it is Shareware.

Super Moderator

It really helps if you give a website to the app in question, and a little description on what sort of app it is, or does.
    I looked up the name, and it gave me a document ebook creating app.
    http://www.keeboo.com/enu/ is this the same app your mentioning?
    If it is, are you particular to this app for any reason, or just wanting to create some sort of ebook?

Leroy

Thanks Pre-Alpha, sorry I should have given more info. Yes that is the application and I'm not set on using that program, I just need something that will be able to generate something similar. Keebook seems to be pretty complete.

Super Moderator

Originally posted by Leroy@Nov 28 2003, 06:42 PM
    Thanks Pre-Alpha, sorry I should have given more info.
    Your welcome, by the way Pre-alpha is my member level, not name
    the program looks interesting, i've not had the time to trial run it to compare with other apps, but from viewing the website i can see this is different.

Leroy

My apologies locustfurnace! I actually downloaded the V2.3 from the link you supplied and it is different in size to the one on my pc. My V2.3 = 4543KB and yours 6744KB. I have not deleted/re-installed yet to check why.

Super Moderator

Yes, i have noticed that often when locating files, some will be the same version, but different filesizes. There could be several reason as to why also.
    one could be an older or newer release under the same version #, but have more documentation, or they could have changed the installer, which uses compression to store the files. they may have dropped a release out into the public with less or more compression on the package management software, installer software.

Leroy

Hope you are still around locustfurnace? I just had to test 'your' larger V2.3 and installed it. Under Properties the exe indicates it is V2.3 but once installed it is V2.6 and obviously shareware with a time limit. Just out of interest, you cannot even believe a version number anymore. Thanks for your effort, much appreciated.

Super Moderator

Originally posted by Leroy+Nov 29 2003, 12:50 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Leroy @ Nov 29 2003, 12:50 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> I actually downloaded the V2.3 from the link you supplied and it is different in size to the one on my pc. My V2.3 = 4543KB and yours 6744KB. I have not deleted/re-installed yet to check why.[/b]

<!--QuoteBegin--Leroy
    @Dec 2 2003, 07:52 PM
    I just had to test &#39;your&#39; larger V2.3 and installed it. Under Properties the exe indicates it is V2.3 but once installed it is V2.6 and obviously shareware with a time limit. Just out of interest, you cannot even believe a version number anymore. Thanks for your effort, much appreciated.[/quote]

I just re downloaded the v2.3 i have in the links, and when it is downloaded on my system, the file size reports it as 4,543kb&#39;s. maybe you clicked on the wrong link.
    here is another different links for you to try
    http://www.eun.org/vs/primary/freeware3/ke...bookcreator.exe