Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Thread: Napster

Super Moderator

Originally posted by Napster back online@ http://www.napster.com/
    Napster is the world’s most recognized brand in online music. Napster has extensive content agreements with the five major record labels, as well as hundreds of independents. Napster delivers access to the largest catalog of online music, with more than 500,000 tracks spanning all genres from Eminem to Miles Davis. Napster is a division of Roxio, Inc., (Nasdaq: ROXI), the Digital Media Company, provider of the best selling digital media software in the world. Napster has offices in Los Angeles and New York.

guest_Ben

:angry: The new Napster does not ensure that artists get paid. I liked it when the stupid RIAA didn't shut it down. Now, I'm on Kazaa

Super Moderator

Originally posted by guest_Ben@Dec 2 2003, 08:35 PM
    :angry: The new Napster does not ensure that artists get paid.* I liked it when the stupid RIAA didn't shut it down.* Now, I'm on Kazaa
    I am sure the record labels ROXIO has contracts with will give the copyright holders their royalty's.
    Not sure what you mean you dont like ROXIO's Napster, "cause artists don't get paid," but you prefered the old Napster, which was CERTAIN, artist and nobody got paid. and if your worried about artists getting paid, and your using Kazza, you can again be certain no artist gets paid.
    So what's your reason you dont like ROXIO's Napster??

The RIAA shut down Napster, because artists and copyright holders were NOT getting paid, and copyright laws were violated. the RIAA helps to ensure copyright holders get paid.