Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Thread: Wma

musicman

Question... I am using WMA for a DJ service and have quite a few albums loaded. Is there a way to have a dual output so that I can have a song playing and preview another without it going out over my system? I am using XP home and have a Creative sound card installed.

Super Moderator

You might be able to load two players, set each one on different Left or Right channels. Have the output thats going to the house speakers on say the right, and the headphones on the left. You might need a " Y " adapter so you can plug both speaker and headphone lines into the same jack.

Another option you might want to install 2 soundcards for this.
    Here is a FREE program that seems to be working well for such purposes, the only draw back is that it may not support the wma format, but if the app works for you in testing you may email the author and suggest he look into the WMA support, i have already done some bug testing for him on the ogg format.
    The other thing about this app that makes it ideal for DJing versus say Winamp, is the database, which allows you to find songs faster. here are a quick list of some option it can perform[*]prelisten function for headphones (needs second soundcard)[*]realtime-mixing of two mp3-Files[*]saving Cue-Point for every song (Autocue)

musicman

Many, many thanks locustfurnace... jsut what I needed.

When I have more time I will come back and register...This site rocks!!

Super Moderator

I forgot about this one, took time to rem the name of the app, it is not free though, but if your using this for work, then the couple dollars spent may also be worth it.
    • MJ Studio is a virtual mixing console for the digital dj. Use a audio doohicky for splitting up the stereo sound into 2 mono outputs, can use 2 soundcards for stereo output on master and headphones. drag your songs into one of the two decks. use functions like pitching, scratching, volume, 3 band equalizer, independently for each deck and in realtime.
      http://www.d-lusion.com/products/mj/index.html