Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Linda

:blink:
    I have been trying to download an old version of Juno onto 3 1/2 floppy's so I can download it on a friends pc. My friends PC is an old notebook that runs Windows 95. I called Juno to see which version would work on that PC. Depending on which Help Desk person I get it can be anywhere from 3.0 to 4.5 to 5.0 to 6.0. However, I think most of them agree that 1.4 is nolonger supported. So, does anyone know about the others. I friends PC does not have a CD Rom drive, so I need to download it to floppy's.
    I have also been having problems with downloading to the floppy's. I get the message that the floppy disk is full but it does not give the option to continue the download by inserting another floppy. It just says save to a larger disk space?? Why can't I just save it to multible floppy's. I used to be able to do this sort of thing. Any help is appreciated. Thanks,
    -Linda

Super Moderator

You can use this utility to split the file into more manageable sizes, so they will fit on the floppys
    http://www.freebyte.com/hjsplit/

You could also use a Parrellel port cable, called a null modem cable, to do a DCC (Direct Cable Connection) from one computer to the next. Then you could exchange the files much easier, the draw back is that this way will cost you some money. If you want to use this cable route, you can then use this programs called File Maven to trasnfer the files, http://www.briggsoft.com/fmdos.htm
    If you dont want to spent much money, then just go with the file splitter above. Both programs are FREE.

A benefit to the DCC route would be; with some understanding and work, you could share an internet connection with another computer.

As far as which Juno to use, I can't help you there, never used their service.