Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Design

greeny

hi. just a thought, maybe on the homepage of the site, where the most popular and recently added files are, the files in the lists could be links to download them directly.

lovin the new design anyway. And sock, i think that the "newer is not always better" thing at the top looks cool so leave it be. :P

LKS_007

I agree. Congrats on the new site.

CALM

I like it
    Not knowing what each program was for, I had to click on each one and go back and forth to see what was what.

Super Moderator

Originally posted by CALM@Dec 19 2003, 11:33 PM
    I like it
    Not knowing what each program was for, I had to click on each one and go back and forth to see what was what.
    Why go back and forth? just open a new browser window for each link you click, when clicking on an item, hold the shift key while you click, this will open a new IE browser window. this way when you are finished viewing the page you can just close it via ctrl w
    I thought you were using Netscape? Which should support tabbed browsing, then you can open each new window in a tab. I use konqueror web browser alot and i have the tabs set to open in the background, so i will click on 4 or 5 links, and continue reading the current page, then hop back to the newly opened pages when i want, this also lets the pages load in the background so i dont waste time waiting for the pages to open. Not that waiting < 1 sec for a web page to open is really that long of a wait.

CALM

Sometimes I go back and forth on this website (instead of my usual "new window" because the font comes up really small on this site(am not sure why this 17" monitor is so much harder to read than the old 15") because I get tired of "View 150%" all the time so I can see :blink: what I am trying to see
    I like Copperplate Gothic (?light) -all caps-- but it is not on this computer and I couldnt find it anywhere for free. I found it alot easier to read EVEN IF SOME PPL THINK THAT ALL CAPS IS YELLING
    I tried the tabs system and really never got used to it (kept closing stuff I didnt want to when I was done instead of going to the right window) but I do open in new window usually and reclick on the current while the other loads behind&#33;
    I wish my pages would open in only 1 second&#33; :lol:

Super Moderator

Originally posted by CALM@Dec 20 2003, 10:53 AM
    Sometimes I go back and forth on this website (instead of my usual "new window" because the font comes up really small on this site
    Depending on the resolution you are using, the fonts can look very tiny on a 21" monitor while a 13" using a lower resolution can make it appear extremely large.
    See what resolution your running, 1024 x768?, that or higher, you might want to switch from Windows default of using small fonts, to using large fonts.
    Go to your control panel display propertys, and click the advanced tab, and under general, adjust the font size, i dont use small or large fonts, i just pick a good custom size of 114%, which works well for me.

Originally posted by CALM@Dec 20 2003, 10:53 AM
    Sometimes I go back and forth on this website (instead of my usual "new window" because the font comes up really small on this site
    A little gem for ya,
    if you have a scrolling wheel mouse, is to hold down the control key and scroll down to make the font on a web page bigger or up to make it smaller.