Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Thread: Apple Macintosh

dogwomble

I'm looking for a copy of ClarisWorks 2.0 or 3.0 for Mac. I've been trying to find a copy and as I understand it it is AbandonWare. Does anyone know where I can obtain a copy?

I want to use it to get an old Mac Classic going.

Myself

Originally posted by dogwomble@Dec 11 2003, 11:59 PM
    I've been trying to find a copy and as I understand it it is AbandonWare.
    Just because it's abandonware doesn't mean it gives right to copy and distribute it. Unless the author has explicitly stated that it is Public-Domain, the copyright law still applies.

Super Moderator

Originally posted by dogwomble@Dec 12 2003, 12:59 AM
    I'm looking for a copy of ClarisWorks 2.0 or 3.0 for Mac.* I've been trying to find a copy and as I understand it it is AbandonWare.* Does anyone know where I can obtain a copy?

I want to use it to get an old Mac Classic going.
    There really is not an Official licensing called Abandonware for software, This was created by a few people who decided to classify software `they` felt was no longer being developed or support by the Developers. They maybe have abandoned the consumers, but not the copyrights. You can look up a licensing for Public Domain, it is a legal term and means, precisely, ``not copyrighted''. But there is no legal definition for Abandonware. Even if the company did indeed `abandon` the title, they still own the IP.
    If what you are looking for did indeed become freeware from the authors, then you should go to their web site, as they would have an area with information on how to obtain this title.
    In the case of ClarisWorks, Apple has taken over support for these titles from the developers (1998). so you might want to look around on the Apple site for more information, i know they have updates for these titles.
    http://www.info.apple.com/support/oldersof...ftwarelist.html
    and apple ftp site with System updates
    ftp://ftp.comp.hkbu.edu.hk/.1/apple/Apple...cintosh/System/
    you can also get alot of updates for your older Mac, depending on which OS is installed you might even get a full OS from Apple, as unlike Microsoft, Apples does release it's older OS's to the consumers so they can obtain it for older systems.

Don't forget to check ebay.com
    http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?q...93&BasicSearch=