Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    carlos

Originally posted by Judy@Nov 26 2003, 09:13 AM
    Hi All......

Fairly computer illiterate here, I just installed WMP 7.1 from oldversion ( thank you ) and am trying to view an online WebCam. WMP 7.1 says the Class is not registered/Error 80040154. MS has no further help ? I am on 98SE - IE 6. Thanks for any help.

Super Moderator

Originally posted by carlos+Nov 27 2003, 03:59 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (carlos @ Nov 27 2003, 03:59 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Judy@Nov 26 2003, 09:13 AM
    Hi All......

Fairly computer illiterate here, I just installed WMP 7.1 from oldversion ( thank you ) and am trying to view an online WebCam. WMP 7.1 says the Class is not registered/Error 80040154. MS has no further help ? I am on 98SE - IE 6. Thanks for any help.
    [/b][/quote]
    are you trying to say something Carlos? forget to add your own statment? or just wasting time and got nothing better to do then quote someone else&#39;s post and add a smile to it?

tncoons

Hi locustfurnace...

Sorry to have added the confusion of another topic. I truly appreciate your patience and knowledge. Trying to "repair" my IE 6 ( thinking the Java config was not installed) with the "Internet Explorer Repair Tool" it said a component was out of date ( scrrun.dll ),so I stupidly went back to the "previous version", 5.5. I am off now to follow your advice. This is the first board I have had the courage to post on computer related and am amazed at the knowledge and information available. Spent most of yesterday in Archives. I sincerely thank all that monitor and offer friendly help on OldVersion, very few are as nice as the knowledgable are here. We are very rural so no credible local help is available, thank you again for your patience.

Judy

tncoons

Hi locustfurnace,

Just checking in to update on my prob u were helping me with. I re installed IE 6, went back to WMP 6.4, have Sun Java installed correctly per Sun&#39;s "test" and all other java apps are all working fine but still cannot access:

http://www.raccooncam.com

The error msg Sun displays is: JavaCamPush notinited

So I am thinking it is something to do with web site owner&#39;s camera set up ?
    and not my computer Java installation or WMP. Thanks again for your patience and help.

Judy - tncoons

Super Moderator

Do you have a fast enough net connection that you could download another web browser? Such as Netscape or Mozilla? and give it a spinw ith another browser?
    It is also possible, that the IE is not set up to enable java. you might have to enable the java support via the "Tools" / "Internet Options"- (cant rem exactly where it is, not running under windows so will have to check on the exact steps later)
    So i will get back to this when i can walk through it and get exact steps.

guest_Brian

The archive executable for Windows Media Player, version 7, is corrupt.

guest_Brian

...that&#39;s 7.1, actually.

Super Moderator

What browser are you using to download it? this used to be a problem when downloading with Netscape. did not think it was an issue today though, but still could be.

How many times did you download it?

tncoons

Hi locustfurnace.....

Me again, just wanted to let you know what I learned regarding the Java web site I was unable to access..... http://www.raccooncam.com

Evidently it is not a MS Java or a Sun Java problem but rather the program being used to offer the Java having a conflict with both MS and Sun. The author&#39;s of the program are of course blaming both MS and Sun and from reading they (the authors of the program) are not interested in fixing the problem. I am not willing to name the program on the forum as my information came from other users, not the actual programmers.

Thanks again for your help, it is nice people like you that help those of us that are not that computer literate to reach out and learn....this has been a learning experience &#33; Thanks again and a safe and prosperous New Year to ya......

Judy - tncoons