Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Super Moderator

The registry apps are for removing registry entries, you only need if you had previously installed a later versions and now want to revert back to an older version. as the saying goes, if you dont know what you need it for, you prolly dont need it.
    The programs that will not connect are due to the servers no longer existing, so it will try to connect to non-existing servers.

If you cant get these programs to work, try using one of the many alternatives to these kazza apps, which has been mentioend already in previous postings, and i just added the link to the previous posting in a recent thread.

guest_Lee

I think I have the best kazaa version thing going. I have the latest version of kazaa and it was so filled with crap it was too painful to use and when I ran diet k it removed all the spyware and then kazaa wouldn't run becase I removed the spyware so then I found onldversion.com and got the ealiest version of kazaa and then ran it through diet k after uninstalling Krapzaa 2.5 and it works better than I can remember any of my P2P programs have. Its great. No ads, no spyware, no yellow reccomendations and no fake buttons.

ebmocwen

Originally posted by guest_Lee@Apr 30 2004, 04:09 AM
    got the ealiest version of kazaa and then ran it through diet k after uninstalling Krapzaa 2.5
    What do you mean by "ran it through"?

Originally posted by ebmocwen+Apr 30 2004, 07:18 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ebmocwen @ Apr 30 2004, 07:18 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--guest_Lee@Apr 30 2004, 04:09 AM
    ran it through diet k
    What do you mean by "ran it through"? [/b][/quote]
    He would mean that he used the dietk software to remove the unwanted components of kazaa.I posted a link to the dietk website in the forum and others have also subsequently linked there,search the ovforum and go to the dietk home site to learn more of what the software does.
    btw It has nothing to do with cats.

Lt. Ed

I dont know why but for some reason I cannot run kazaa 2.4.0 and above for some reason. It just shows the top toolbar and freezees. I am running windows XP. It works on my laptop(Running the same OS), but it doesent work on my desktop computer.

myfriendwilly7

The amount of information I would need to help you is far greater than just that you run XP on a desktop machine. In fact, no amount of information you could give could help too much; I would need to be there to see what&#39;s going on for myself. For now I would just suggest to completely uninstall it, including registry information, and reinstall it being careful what you choose. Most likely, however, this won&#39;t help. It&#39;s just conflicting with something. So if that doesn&#39;t work, and I say again it probably won&#39;t, then you should find a tech-savvy friend or even a professonal techie. Or just resort to using your laptop. A decent laptop can easily replace a desktop for many uses, and this is one of them. If you have dsl but it isn&#39;t hooked up to your laptop and that is the reason you want to use the desktop for your filesharing, setting the laptop up for dsl would be far easier than trying to discover why kazaa won&#39;t install properly.

Lt. Ed

What is the name in the registry?

Originally posted by Lt. Ed@May 13 2004, 10:09 PM
    What is the name in the registry?
    download and run kazaa begone it will fix it then try a clean install or try buying cds instead of scrounging from the internet and robbing people of money they should be getting

Lt. Ed

Originally posted by Guest@May 14 2004, 06:34 AM
    download and run kazaa begone it will fix it then try a clean install or try buying cds instead of scrounging from the internet and robbing people of money they should be getting
    whare do i get kazaa begone?

datania

if you arent connecting its most likely you have a firewall on. because i have to turn mine off whenever i have to connect to kazaa (i use klite++). in options go to firewall and unclick everything