Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Sniffles

Kazaa Resurrection is a seperate development meant to work with the new KMD. Because of the flimsey nature of sites that host it's download, I can't give you a concrete link. But, it is only up to version 0.7. Make sure you don't download anything claiming to be a higher version.

If you are going to use Kazaa, might I recommend PeerGuardian. It's a free Anti-P2P firewall that blocks all currently known RIAA and MPAA IPs. You can also use it to block Governmental and Spyware IPs as well. http://methlabs.org/

Originally posted by Sniffles@May 17 2004, 03:20 PM
    Kazaa Resurrection is a seperate development meant to work with the new KMD. Because of the flimsey nature of sites that host it's download, I can't give you a concrete link. But, it is only up to version 0.7. Make sure you don't download anything claiming to be a higher version.

If you are going to use Kazaa, might I recommend PeerGuardian. It's a free Anti-P2P firewall that blocks all currently known RIAA and MPAA IPs. You can also use it to block Governmental and Spyware IPs as well. http://methlabs.org/
    what an utter load of old crap, most governmental and riaa ips are unknown as they change regularly to avoid this blocking try posting fact and not fiction. kazaa is virtually finished its dying out fast and your clutching at straws buddy currently almost 2 out 3 files are dud or virus ridden the powers to be are distroying kazzaa and you might as well face the fact

guest_Brian

i actually dont get what you're saying. i followed all your instruction exactly to a tee and now k-lite keeps telling me that i dont have kazaa on my machine and that i need to install it

astoundedfruitbat

For all of you who are wondering what's up with Klite, all you have to do is google Klite to find a news article on what's happening. Sharman networks is stifling ALL older versions of Kazaa in order to get rid of Klite, which is based on an older version. Get it? That means downloading older versions of Kazaa will be stifled as well. However, you will still be able to connect to people running older versions and download from them, but you will be cut off from the main stream Kazaa calls the "fast track."

I have experienced the slowness in Kazaalite which is why I googled it in the first place. I HAVE heard that other people aren't having as bad a problem, but I think it all depends on the time of day and luck.

In the article I read it said that it is POSSIBLE for Kazaalite to have it's own fast track, but many people have turned off the supernode function allowing for less search results for everyone else. So for those who are still turning up searches (and connections), I suspect you are just lucky enough to catch someone who is functioning as a supernode and ALSO connected to other older version Kazaa(lite) users.

One strange thing that I've noticed though, is that no matter what version you are running the total number of people on the network are always the same (displayed at the bottom of kazaa or kazaalite.)

astoundedfruitbat

I also wanted to add that winmx is a good alternative to Kazaa minus all the spyware junk. It has a healthy number of users and is pretty intuitive to use unlike bit torrent and some other P2P programs.

Slim Jim

All Kazaa's are naff.

If you download the legal version - you get tons of spyware and adware. Even if you remove the crap you are still more and more likely to get sued now days. KaZaa Lite K++ is the best "cracked" version but it is based on an old version of kazaa that was badly written and will probably fuk your pc up.

Bemis83

I've used Kazaa-Lite for a couple of years, now. I've noticed that the number of users is about half what it was before Sharman screwed things up. Also, even though I get some hits on a search, most of the time I get "remotely queued" and never get the files no matter how long I let it run.
    Is this the rumored obsolescence of Kazaa-Lite or is Kazaa itself losing users?
    And what's up with the "newer" versions of Kazaa-Lite? They sound kind of hokey to me.
    Before I read some of the posts in here, I was considering Kazaa with Diet-K. Some seem to like it but most don't.

B83

Administrator

again this is not a kazaa board your question would be far better suited on a board dedicated to p2p apps try this one http://www.filesharingtalk.com/index.php
    simply me

Bemis83

again this is not a kazaa board ...
    I'm sorry. I thought this was a board dedicated to the use of old versions of Kazaa-Lite. My post qualifies.

B83