Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

MrJoe2U

Hi, I'm a new user and maybe I'm doing something wrong, but the downloads do not work.
    I downloaded Nero Burner 5 two times and every time the error message that appeared that the expiration date had passed.

Same with Nero 3 version.

I have an older PC-configuration and cannot download version 6.
    I would like to buy Nero 5 or download it for free as the newer version is too big for my PC.

Any suggestion for help is wellcome.

thanks,

Hein

the Netherlands

Super Moderator

You might want to try NTI CD Maker instead of NERO.
    http://www.oldversion.com/talk/index.php?a...t=ST&f=3&t=1538
    If your not able to get the NERO to work. The version on the link above, works fine on older machines, I had run it before on a Non-MMX 200Mhz CPU system.

MrJoe2U

Originally posted by locustfurnace@Jan 5 2004, 02:47 PM
    You might want to try NTI CD Maker instead of NERO.
    http://www.oldversion.com/talk/index.php?a...t=ST&f=3&t=1538
    If your not able to get the NERO to work. The version on the link above, works fine on older machines, I had run it before on a Non-MMX 200Mhz CPU system.
    Thank's for the advice. I donwloaded the program and it appears to be a program for cd-copying. However I am looking for a simple program for back-ups of my hard disks.

Nero indeed is for cd-copying too, but I was told that it also can make back-ups.

I'll look further,

Thanks,

Hein

Super Moderator

Are you using the MS Backup Utility?
    You can use that to make backups, then burn those backups with NTI.
    If your wanting to create a system recovery backup, you might want to look into some alternative apps.
    [list][*]Backup4Win FREE, If your use the Win9x version.[*]Partition Saving FREE, is a DOS program that is used to save, restore and copy hard-drive, partitions, floppy disk and DOS devices. With this program you could save all data on a partition to a file (such as you could save this file on a CD for example). Then if something goes wrong, you can completely restore the partition from the backup file. You no longer have to reinstall every piece of software from scratch.
    [list]

MrJoe2U

Originally posted by locustfurnace@Jan 6 2004, 01:33 PM
    If your wanting to create a system recovery backup, you might want to look into some alternative apps.
    [list][*]Backup4Win FREE, If your use the Win9x version.[*]Partition Saving FREE, is a DOS program that is used to save, restore and copy hard-drive, partitions, floppy disk and DOS devices. With this program you could save all data on a partition to a file (such as you could save this file on a CD for example). Then if something goes wrong, you can completely restore the partition from the backup file. You no longer have to reinstall every piece of software from scratch.
    [list]
    I was'nt using ANY back-ups so far :wub:

Guess I've been very lucky.

MrJoe2U

Originally posted by locustfurnace@Jan 6 2004, 01:33 PM
    [list]
    I was'nt using ANY back-ups so far :wub:

Guess I've been very lucky.

thank's