Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

hink

I have Easy CDcreater and it works OK for me but I read that Nero is better. I don't need all the features of the latest version and I don't want to pay $69 (or whatever it is). If all the versions are trialware, what is it going to cost me if I download an older version and want to keep it? I am really only interested in a basic version of Burning ROM if I can buy it for less than what the price of the current version is.

Super Moderator

I don't know if you can buy a license for an older version. If you can, I do not see it being cheaper. You would have to email the support team at Nero for this information.

One thing about CD Recording software is that not all will work for your device (hardware). So even if you want to use Nero, it could be impossible if the software does not support your drive. So you would want to atleast try an older version to see if it does work with your drive before you make a payment, this is where shareware shines. The ability to make sure the software is what you really want & works, before paying.

I also preferred NTI, since it support the Romeo file format, as Nero never did, When i had bought my Yamaha recorder years ago. it came with Nero, so i installed the older NTI software i had with my Memorex recorder, but the device did not work, So i downloaded the newest version of NTI at the time, but it too did not yet support my drive. SO i was stuck using the Nero (under Windows), but i never used Nero with the Yamaha, i just used Gcombust under Unix to burn my data backups.
    After waiting a couple years... NTI finally added support for my drive, so now i use the latest NTI.

So download a couple, try it, make sure it will work, before you commit to purchasing a copy - if you are even able to.
    Else you might want to give a FREEWARE Recording title a demo, see if it does what you want.
    which you can find in this thread
    http://www.oldversion.com/talk/index.php?a...&t=1757&hl=burn

TheBulbasaurfreak

Get the latest version as it will support the latest hardware.

Super Moderator

Originally posted by TheBulbasaurfreak@Jan 11 2004, 07:07 AM
    Get the latest version as it will support the latest hardware.
    They state they do not need all that comes with the latest.
    They might be better using Burnatonce, which can be found on the thread i posted in the last message. it works fine also, and it is FREE.

TheBulbasaurfreak

Thanks, locustfurnace for the programs and links!

Salopette

I'm not sure but maybe you can get the files that you need without Nero Express, Nero Startsmart or other things like that at the official site of nero www.ahead.com.