Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How Will I Know

boglin

i installed kazaa 2.5 which i believe contains adware or spyware, i have used the ctrl alt delete function on the keyboard and it doesnt show anything running that is not usually there,when i have kazaa running it shows that but doesnt show anything else does this mean that possibly spybot has stopped the extras from working, i was told that it wouldnt run without the added extras but it seems to work fine, please quote your views on this topic,

Super Moderator

the hidden services that are embedded into these programs, do not always have to show up in the task manager. they can be hidden so you do not see it running. Not all spyware/adware will be seperate from the running program -kazaa, they will work when the program itselfs run. the child processes - if it creates any, dont always show up.
    you can see more of whats running by using the built in System Information in Windows, click on the START/RUN and type MSINFO32.EXE, then go to the Software Environment, and select each 16bit modules then 32 bit modules which should give you alittle more info on whats running.

• Windows Startup Inspector FREE, helps users to manage Windows startup applications. Windows Startup Inspector provides information on the programs that are running at your Windows startup process. Whether a program is necessary to the system, or is the program a spyware.
    • FileMon monitors and displays file system activity on a system in real-time. Its advanced capabilities make it a powerful tool for exploring the way Windows works, seeing how applications use the files and DLLs, or tracking down problems in system or application file configurations.

I would UNINSTALL KAZAA MY FRIEND AND DOWNLOAD KAZAA LITE!!

Kazaa is NOT SAFE.......Kazaa LITE is moderatly safe.........(From RIAA idiots)

The Dude

boglin

maybe so but its ability to download is slowly decreasing , i had lite but it was becoming less and less useful as time goes on, aparently the new kazaa 2.6 rejects kazaa lite and wont let you download, read reports all over the internet, k lite is slowly becoming less and less of an option

Marius

Kazaa lite is dying and will be dead soon. Don't bother getting it.

Get the new Kazaa 2.6 and the program dietK

Dietk removes/deactivates all kazaa spyware and you can get it at download.com.

Super Moderator

• PrcView FREE, is a process viewer utility that displays detailed information about processes running under Windows. For each process it displays memory, threads and module usage. For each DLL it shows full path and version information. PrcView comes with a command line version that allows you to write scripts to check if a process is running, kill it, etc.
      http://www.xmlsp.com/pview/prcview.htm

TheBulbasaurfreak

I got that program Also use WinMx, even though it is rarely updated, it is still good. Remember:

Kazaa = Don't Download
    Kazaa Lite = Up to You
    Kazaa + Diet Kazaa = Good!
    WinMx = Good!
    Shareza = Moderately good

I don't know if I'm missing the point here but I got so fed up with having to disable adware and spyware in Kaaza 2.5 and still have to run Spybot that I downloaded an early version 2.0 from Oldversion. This version asks if you want to install adware, and can be more easily controlled with something like spybot

Beta

Oops, forgot to login

Administrator

perish the thought but perhaps we all should start to save ready for when file sharing is gone altogether which i believe it will be in the not too distant future
    simply me