Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Default Umax Photorun camera software

I need the program photorun.exe referenced but not found at umax.com

It is needed to convert photos taken on the Umax Photorun camera (in a *.dat file) to BMP files.

Vickie

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by vhipkiss View Post
    I need the program photorun.exe referenced but not found at umax.com

It is needed to convert photos taken on the Umax Photorun camera (in a *.dat file) to BMP files.

Vickie
    hi vickie forgive me if im wrong but wasnt the photorun series of camera shipped with a program called presto for downloading and saving the cameras images.or is it the camera drivers you are seeking.please try and add more details so we know exactly what you require and the operating system you are using it on.
    simply me

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by the gaffer View Post
    hi vickie forgive me if im wrong but wasnt the photorun series of camera shipped with a program called presto for downloading and saving the cameras images.
    That's what the UMAX website states.

PhotoRun is bundled with Presto! PhotoAlbum software, an easy and fun tool for users to manage, view and share photos electronically.

Presto! PhotoAlbum 1.5.3 Trial 9.5megs

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by locustfurnace View Post
    That's what the UMAX website states.

Presto! PhotoAlbum 1.5.3 Trial 9.5megs
    thought so,didnt look at the umax website,but did have a umax camera and remembered the presto software,also remember i had headaches with the photorun camera drivers under win 98se half the time i had problems with it recognising the camera was connected.
    simply me

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by the gaffer View Post
    thought so,didnt look at the umax website,but did have a umax camera and remembered the presto software,also remember i had headaches with the photorun camera drivers under win 98se half the time i had problems with it recognising the camera was connected.
    I wonder if that is/was an issue with the Windows 9X USB drivers. I remember a friend bought a new CANNON scanner. Which worked great, until you rebooted Windows. then you had to reinstall the drivers each time.
    She gave me that scanner and I use it today under Slackware and OS X, it works fine.

From the UMAX website
    PhotoRun ships with a 2MB card allowing 15 photos, but is also compatible with 4, 6, 8, 10 and15 MB CompactFlash memory cards allowing for up to 113 images to be stored. Users can select between two image sizes: 320 x 240 for standard image quality or 504 x 378 for high image quality.
    It's an amazingly GOOD thing technology advances.
    I just bought yet another point-n-click camera. 10 Megapixels, supports SDHC memory cards up to 8GB capacity. Resolution is 3678x2046. Can hold thousands of photos. Plus does Quicktime Video at 848x640 (16x9 ).

Administrator

it sure is amazing,even more so the downward spiral in prices,i remember buying a kodak dc 40 the resolution was something less than a half megapixel and at over £700 i can now purchase a 12 megapixel digital slr for way less than that.where will it all end up i wonder.we have 8 megapixel here in the uk for around £75 point and shoot from good brand names as well.
    simply me

Super Moderator

Maybe one day in the near future, regular people will be shooting with something like the Hasselblad's H3D, a 39 Megapixel camera. Retails for a little over $31,000

Hi. Found this thread due to a google search. I too was not able to find them on the UMAX site, but it looks like it's because they didn't update thier links. By surfing the current UMAX site, I was able to find the driver file here.

ftp://67.66.169.205/dcam/dcam/drivers/

Good luck.