Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Icqpro2003b

icqpro2003b

I am running icqpro2003b, however, when I try to minimize the main window, it will not minimize to the bottom task bar, I have to click on the green flower in the task bar to open the main window all the time, has anyone else experiencing this problem and how can I fix the problem, thankyou.

Super Moderator

I just installed icq2003b after reading your post, and i do not have any problems minimizing the program. are you clicking on the upper right hand corner button that looks like an underscore _ ?
    If your not able to see the buttons, maybe you should change the skin back to "classic", this will make those buttons alot bigger, and easier to see.
    Which build of 2003b are you running? I am running build #3916, not sure if there are any previous 2003b builds, but if there are, maybe that was a glitch, check your build version, if it is not the newest - #3916, then you might want to consider updating again.

Cynthia

Can you tell me where I go/look to find the build #3916 to see if thats the build I have?

Super Moderator

The build # should be in the ABOUT box dialog. Click on the Main button, then Help, and then the About ICQ.

Does anyone know a website that I can download icqpro2003a for w98se?

Super Moderator

[list][*]ICQPro2003a (3.80megs)

cynthia

I am running #3916 build, and tried what was suggested as above, however, when I open icq, the green flower is at the bottom of the task bar near the clock and I have to click the flower to open icq,

1. in 2003a icq when i logged onto icq, the main icq box would open automatically-version 2003b does not do this and,

2. when i do open version 2003b and i try to minimize the main box, it will not minimize to the task bar at the bottom of the screen, it just disappears and I have to click on the flower again to reopen it, any solutions to these 2 problems for me anyone?

Super Moderator

ICQ2003a, when you minimize it will not minimize to the taskbar, it will go to the systray, and appear as a flower icon, this has been the same for a long time.
    For any changes to be made you will need to go the the programs configuration menu to make whatever changes you want.
    Click the Main button and then select Preferences. If ICQ is setup in Simple mode, you want to switch to Advanced mode to be able to make more adjustments as you want. this too is changed via the Menu button, you should see an option for Advanced mode, if the option says "switch to Simple Mode" then you know you are presently working in advanced mode and no need to make the switch.
    Once you get to the preferences you can make alot of changes there regarding how ICQ operates.
    There are changes you can make in the Alerts and Notifications option for minimizing.
    To make ICQ open whenever you receive a message, you will make changes under the Contact List option, which is also under the preferences.

cynthia

Thankyou for your reply, I'm sure when I minimized icq2003a, the main icq box went to the task bar, why is it that the main box in 2003b does not open automatically when you log on into 2003b and where do i find the section to be able to switch to advanced and simple modes?

Super Moderator

I do not have icq2003b installed now. But icq has not changed too much in the past several years. All options should be under the main/menu.
    If there is not one, then it is possible it was removed from 2003b. If it was removed, then it just uses the default modes as it had for versions in the past.
    I have icq2003a installed at the moment. and i can not get it to minimize to the taskbar, just to the tray, Since i have been using icq since '98, i do not rem it ever minimizing the the taskbar, if it could, then that must have been a setting one had to change.
    Are you referring to the contact list minimizing to the taskbar, or the individual message dialog boxes? Each message box can minimize to the taskbar.
    Maybe you should try reading the icq help file, which also can be accessed from the Main/menu.
    And if you can not find your answer there, then stopping over at icq's web site might also help shed some light on what you seek.