Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Icqpro2003b

cynthia

With 2003a when I open icq, (what I call the main box where you have your contact names etc), I was able to minimise this box to the bar at the bottom of the screen, now with 2003b, when I click the minimize (_) button the main box will not default to the bar at the bottom of the screen, it seems to disappear to the green flower and each time I want to open the main box, I have to click the green flower to open it. What I am trying to establish is:

1. How do I minimize the main box to the bar at the bottom of the screen, if this is not possible, why is there a minimize button (_) on the main box as well as a (x) button?

I've explained it the best I can.

Super Moderator

The minimze button minimizes the app to the systray, the x will close ICQ down, these are generally just default widgets.
    Did you look into the preferences and try any of those to see if they will make a change? I know there is AUTO-HIDE, which says it will minimze to the taskbar, but when i enable it is does not send it to the taskbar, just to the systray
    I know the message dialog box will move to the taskbar, while the contact list can minimize to the systray (where the clock is and flower icon) This is why there is a minimize button, so you can send the contact list to the systray.

Did you look on the icq website, that would be your best bet in trying to find a solution, since they should have created a complete FAQ section for users.

cynthia

I do no with version 2003a the main box would minimize, where do I go to find the autohide that you mention, yes I've checked the icq hep pages and there is nothing there to assist me with this problem

cynthia

further to my post above, was chattin with an icq friend and she tells me that when she minimizes her main window box, it does go to the task bar.

Super Moderator

I asked a friend also if they could get it go to the taskbar, they said yes, then after some more questioning, what the thought was the taskbar, really was the system tray. So make certain it is really the taskbar and not system tray they are referring to.

As mentioned all the configurating is found under the Main/Menu. Then the Preferrences. The auto hide feature was under the Contact list section of the Preferrences. But i have it enabled at the moment, and it goes right to the systray ever the time expires.

Have you used other chat programs besides ICQ? If the ICQ feature you trying to enable is not possible, could you maybe be confusing ICQ with another chat programs, such as AOL IMS? As i said, i have been using ICQ for over 5 years, and i can't rem the contact list ever sitting on the taskbar. As far as i rem it has always gone hiding to the system tray.

cynthia

does 2003a version have the same type of log in screen as featured in the version on this website:

http://www.icq.com/icqtour/public_private_modes.html

if it is different could sum1 post the picture of the 2003a log on screen here 4 me, thanks.

Super Moderator

No, they are different, that skin i believe comes from the icqlite versions which were merged into the 2003b version.
    The configuration menu i have made mention of are not found on the login screen, they are found on the contact list. Which you can access once you have logged in.

The Contact list looks like this,(not much changes from this version to iq2003a).
    http://www.pc-extreme.de/downloads/program.../icq/icq_s1.gif
    ICQ Preferences image

cynthia

thankyou for your assistance and help, i have now deleted icq2003b and installed 2003a pro, however, I want to minimize the main box screen (the one that contains your contact list, main etc) to the system tray, (just like minimizing a message received from someone to the system tray), however, when I do minimize ( _ ) the main screen box, it disappears into the green flower located in the system tray and I dont want to have to click the green flower each time I wish to open the main box. How can I program it to do this?

cynthia

further to the above, this is what I call the main box

http://www.pc-extreme.de/downloads/p...icq/icq_s1.gif

this is what I refer to as the main box: (problem with the above link)