Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Originally posted by Salopette@Feb 15 2004, 05:52 AM
    Fed up si wrong saying that RIAA can sue you, Kazaa Lite has a protection against these IP's, and it's got a app called "Bad IP Updater" that updates you of any bad ip's that can browse your files and sue you, this app is integrated in K-Lite.
    Thats nonsense. Blocking only known IP address of the RIAA corporation, does not mean members of the RIAA, BMG, ASCAP will not take their work home - which means they will be using their own home computers, and those IP address are unknown to these applications.
    If those members are on a dial-up service, the IP address they used today to search kazaa, wont be the same one they will be using tomorrow.

That is giving false security, and wrong to say your "safe", as that single variable can change.

fed up,

salopette, i will not reply to you again as i have come to the conclusion that you have the intelligence of a gnat, anyone reading this and past threads will plainly see that for themselves, the extras you mention to block the bad ip addresses and such are just to lessen the chance of you being found, if people want to believe the rubbish you write and take the chance of being sued thats entirely up to them, perhaps they will return and tell us how they got on in court ,that would be nice.whether it be kazaa or kazaalite if your downloading copyrighted stuff its illegal, end of story. perhaps you could give us a lesson on a different program, oh sorry i forgot you only have the one and know nothing about nothing.. dont reply it makes you look silly

Robroy

Originally posted by TheBulbasaurfreak@Jan 25 2004, 03:10 PM
    Ok, I'll calm down.
    This site must not have much disk space...

Robroy

Originally posted by fed up@Feb 15 2004, 05:22 AM
    anyone visiting this thread please ignore the advice from SALOPPETTE he talks utter rubbish, he is continually adding to kazaa threads and quite blatantly promotes kazaa as brilliant please search the forums and you will find plenty info on this subject also the legal implications about using this kind of app,, be WARNED downloading with this software anything that is copyright is illegal and can carry a huge fine, unfortunately this guy only promotes the use of it and not the fact that the RIAA are all over it and are sueing people. please use your own common sense and search past postings about this subject, also enjoy your visit to oldversion its a fantastic site apart from this crap repeating itself ,
    I am under the impression only UPLOADING is illegal. Copying music for your own personal use is a-ok.

Super Moderator

Originally posted by Robroy@Mar 1 2004, 02:41 PM
    I am under the impression only UPLOADING is illegal. Copying music for your own personal use is a-ok.
    Thats incorrect, Since you are downloading music you did not pay for, that makes it illegal. The only way you can personally use the music, is if YOU own a copy of the original medium. If you did not pay for your copy, then getting the copyrighted music is illegal if the owners do not permit redistribution.
    Even copying CD's you personally own, which had at one time been permissible under the "Fair Use Law" is being debated. Because the "Fair Use Law" was written before digitized copies could be produced. The law really was only worded for analog copies. Presently there is a "Home Recording Act" that imposes a royalty fee on any DAT machine, as it can make digitial copies, the royalty tax insures the authors get the monies due to them for any copies produced, and that there is also protection schemes inplace on all DAT machines. Which prohibit 3rd generation digitial copies from being produced. With the computers able to make exact digitial copies there are no royalties being collected; and this is also being debated.
    http://www.wired.com/news/digiwood/0,1412,...2,62434,00.html
    To make up for money lost by those who still share music illegally, a small surcharge could be tacked onto music products like CD burners, which would be put into a fund divided among copyright owners.
    Copying DVD's you purchased in a store is also illegal, even though the "Fair Use Law" applies to these, the DMCA (Digital Millenium Copyright Act) prohibits copying of DVD's, because to protect the DVD's from being copied, the authors use an encryption, which then falls under the DMCA act that states circumventing encryption is illegal.
    So this is how copying DVDs is illegal, its not the coping of the motion picture, its illegally breaking the protection scheme.

http://www.pcworld.com/news/article/0,aid,...d,114861,00.asp
    We hope consumers take time to learn the do's and don'ts of copying and uploading music on the Internet. As the shield attests, these are serious crimes with serious consequences," said Brad Buckles, antipiracy director of the Recording Industry Association of America at a Los Angeles press conference Thursday afternoon. "We also hope that this attention-grabbing reminder will reinforce the fact that copyright infringement is theft."
    http://www.pcworld.com/news/article/0,aid,...d,114885,00.asp
    Siding with several of Hollywood's largest movie studios, a U.S. federal judge has barred 321 Studios from manufacturing, distributing, or otherwise trafficking in software that allows users to copy DVDs.
    After hearing the case last May, U.S. District Court Judge Susan Illston on Friday ruled that 321 Studios' DVD copying software is illegal and ordered the St. Louis-based company to stop selling the products within seven days.
    321 Studios' software enables users to copy DVD movies onto recordable DVDs or standard CD-R disks. The software circumvents the encryption technology used on the discs to prevent copying, called Contents Scrambling System (CSS).

tre

yo if u could resend the link cause something is zapping the links i geuss u could say...i refreshed it and stuff and it saids this is not right...its a free version from this original sight...u shouldnt do this...and it dut let u open the thread
    so if u can send it 1 more time

Super Moderator

Originally posted by Guest@Mar 3 2004, 11:25 PM
    yo if u could resend the link cause something is zapping the links i geuss u could say...i refreshed it and stuff and it saids this is not right...its a free version from this original sight...u shouldnt do this...and it dut let u open the thread
    so if u can send it 1 more time
    ? what are you referring to? and Who are you asking to resend these links?

cypher

can someone help me i am at school trying to install music programs and winzip itsays i need admins help but i am asking if anyone could help me hack the school plz help me :wacko:

Administrator

it is telling you that you need admins help as you are trying to do something that is not allowed, schools usually have equipment set so that only tutors can install programs on their computers, this is so that pupils can only use the computer for things that the school supply them for. LEARNING purposes, im sorry but this site does not deal with this type of information in any form..
    simply me