Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Watchmanz

I have a couple of questions regarding the new version of ICQ and its SMS features. If somebody could advise me on this I'd be grateful.

1. ICQ2003b has a whole set of new smilies which I'm not all that keen on. Do I need to revert to an older version to get back the previous range of smilies, or can I import them from somewhere?

2. There are a lot of alt chat clients that connect to ICQ but none of them seem to offer the SMS service that ICQPro offers. Does anybody know of one that allows you to connect to the ICQ network and use the SMS function, while connected through an alt client?

Thanks for any advice.

Super Moderator

Since ICQ2003b is new, and not an older client, alot of things which might not be possible today, could be possible in a few months, such as changing the smiles. Ofcourse the smileys you see in icq2003b will not be displayed to users not using 2003b. They will see the older ones.
    There are many ways you could change the icons, but require that your have some ability in changing the ICQ.exe resources. That is beyond the scope of this forum also.

Since i do not use SMS, i never paid attention to those alternative clients if they offered SMS through ICQ. You might want to investigate this on your own.
    I do know there is a SMS client posted in a previous message, you might want to search for it.

• WinSMS Shareware, SMS Gateway is a software utility that enables you to easily send and receive text and binary "Short Messages" over GSM/PCS digital cellular telephone networks from your local PC or network
    • GFI FAXmaker for Networks/SMTP 11 Freeware, enables users to send and receive SMS/text messages from their email application. Limited to 2 users in free version
    • Abacus Pager Shareware ($5.00), Easily send text to any number of pagers and digital wireless phones with Abacus Pager, simple and easy to use,