Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Bob

Yeah, I just had a few questions about the file-sharing community (for lack of a better term).

A) Are there any legal file-sharing programs that are similar to Kazaa, Napster, Morpheus, etc.?

B) I downloaded the first version of Napster and had it for like 2 minutes, because it didn't work at all. Why was this?

C) Do any of the Napster programs work?

D) Do they still check the old Napster(s), Kazaa Lite(s), and old programs that have been discontinued for people to arrest.

If you have any answers to these questions please feel free to post. I would greatly appreciate it.

P.S. I'm kind of new here so cut me some slack!

Super Moderator

Your question's should be answered within these 2 postings.
    http://www.oldversion.com/talk/index.php?a...t=ST&f=1&t=1838
    http://www.oldversion.com/talk/index.php?a...t=ST&f=1&t=1870

Sometimes when you are new to a board, it is better to sit on the sidelines and read and follow what the other members post, and learn how to post in the way the forum prefers. This way you do not have to ask for other members to cut you some slack.
    if you had read through the many thousands of postings, you would have not needed to ask for someone to cut you slack, as you would have to search before posting, and to ask not the same questions already asked (recently too) in your own threads, you would have posted your question into a existing one.

and more threads
    Napster??? Why Is Napster Still up?
    Napster.. (Pages 1 2 )Does these old ones work?
    Napster what is up with that?
    Fool Napster?
    Napster????
    this is why it is useful to spend a little time searching the forum before posting as there is a tremendous amount to be learnt here and you are prolly not the first to ask a question.If you dont find the right answer you are likely to find a suitable thread to post in or you will learn something you didnt even realise you wanted to know.
    There are many many old versions of new questions in the forum.
    Originally posted by Bob@Jan 31 2004 11:30 PM
    P.S. I'm kind of new here so cut me some slack!
    This bit sounds like a request perhaps you should also read the pinned topic titled How to Request... ;)

TheBulbasaurfreak

Search Before u post.

the observer

bulbasaurfreak, i notice reading through the threads on this site that you have a terrible habit of posting three word replies and also locustfurnace has pointed this out to you before about posting unnecessary replies which you are obviously doing to increase your post rating, use the site sensibly and refrain from wasting peoples time and effort, and please dont reply to this with yet another three word reply,