Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Skype

please use the pinned topic when making requests and alsop search before posting to see if the title you search has been requested before , IT HAS had you searched you would of found this thread http://www.oldversion.com/talk/index.php?a...t=1840&hl=skype

guest_Chris

It should be nice to include the old versions of Skype in here. Since the beta version 0.x
    What do you guys think?

not sure if you are actually requesting this or makung a suggestion ? please try searching before posting and read pinned topics , if you are requesting then check this thread http://www.oldversion.com/talk/index.php?a...t=1840&hl=skype

topics merged ~locustfurnace

zbynek

Is it possible to get older versions of Skype? thanks

Super Moderator

Originally posted by zbynek@May 27 2005, 04:43 AM
    Is it possible to get older versions of Skype? thanks
    Searching before posting really does help.

guest_Andrew

How about "old versioning" Skype? It's relatively new so there's a good opportunity to get it from the beginning, and it has a large user base, much like AIM.

Originally posted by guest_Andrew@Jun 21 2005, 02:05 PM
    How about "old versioning" Skype? It's relatively new so there's a good opportunity to get it from the beginning, and it has a large user base, much like AIM.
    how about using the correct section of the forum , this should of gone in the general board and not requests and you also should of searched first before posting , you then would of found this thread that yours will most likely get merged into.http://www.oldversion.com/talk/index...=1840&hl=skype.

We will most likely archive Skype in the following week. Thanks for rehashing the suggestion.
    Alex Levine
    OldVersion.com
    Helper

The latest version of skype DOES WORK ON WINDOWS 98SE!! (2.00.73) -- I think there is a NEWER one after that and i havent tried 2.0.0.76 yet.........

The thing i dont like about it,ITS 19 MEGS!!!!!!! Totally obsurd!!!

If i could get v 0.97.0.40 going,I WOULD LOVE IT (Its only 8 megs or so)

I think they changed the server that the client connects on,thats why the OLDER BETAS wont connect anymore.... But if there was a way to edit the script of 0.97.0.40 and make it connect to the CURRENT SERVER,it might work!!

Would someone be willing to look into this for me?? I tried using a file editor on v2.0.0.73 but i could not find the resources for what i wanted removed (The dialpad,etc.....) I just cant see having a 19M program on my computer when 1/2 the stuff I DONT WANT!!!!!!!!!

But this is the first time version i have been able to run on 98 since 0.97.0.40!! (I started having issues with 0.97.0.65 and all the 1.x versions sucked....They locked up my computer,etc.......)

Anyone willing to take a gander @ this??? -- I love skype and would love running it again!! (Possible to get 0.97.0.40 going again??? .. MAYBE)

All we can do is try i guess!!!!!!

Gold

Default Skype Version 0.98.0.42

Hello,

Anyone got Skype version 0.98.0.42 (or 0.98.0.28) as apparently these are the last versions which worked properly with Windows 98SE.
    Or does one of the versions already on this site work perfectly with 98SE?

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by 4plus2; 05-23-2006 at 02:52 AM.