Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Jay

So I get a pop up this morning "Newer version of msn messenger available". I decide to do it. Check it out, here's the image.

See the "Click here to join the stupid spam stuff we put on the top of your msn messenger" thing? Can you get rid of that? I suppose not. Just seems kind of intrusive.

What version of old msn messenger (or maybe some other thing that can carry msn messenger), in your opinions .. is best (using windows me os)?

Dago

I would suggest getting messenger 4.6 it is the best. Just uninstall 5.0 and donwload 4.6 from this site.

TinyMonsteR

yeah, i recommend 4.6 too. (by the way, my comp is windows me as well) i uninstalled because of the reason u r saying, the annoying "Customer Experience Improvement Program" thingee. & i can't see any good in 5.0, & no bots so far can take away those ads yet, so i got 4.6 back & i'm happy w/ it

Simon

Is there anything wrong with 4.7 that everyone reccomends 4.6? I thought 4.6->4.7 was just a bugfixing upgrade, so shouldn't you go for 4.7 to get the most bug-free one (excluding 5.0, of course).

Bacchus

Ive got 4.7 seems the same as 4.6 to me and my msn plus thingy works with it too... No ads, no annoying pop up thing when you load it.. none of those friggin tabs to the left msn plus is a must get. i even hear they are making a plus for msn mess 5.0. check it out msn plus

Last edited by ABlix at Nov 28 2002, 05:20 PM

Jay

I went with the 4.6 and works for me.

I kind of wondered the same thing though.. why people like 4.6 so much better. I'm using it .. has all that I like on it. Probably why?

It's 10 x better then that 5.0 junk. .. that's a fact. IMO anyway ...

Law

I am more than a little confused..I had A version of MSN messenger and non-broadband stylee net access, I then ungraded to MSN 5.0 and am on ADSL. For some reason messenger now refuses to connect, blaming a problem with internet access..has anybody else had this prob and if so what did you do about it? I have windows 98 if that makes any difference? :unsure:

Beta

Originally posted by Law@Dec 3 2002, 01:58 PM
    I am more than a little confused..I had A version of MSN messenger and non-broadband stylee net access, I then ungraded to MSN 5.0 and am on ADSL. For some reason messenger now refuses to connect, blaming a problem with internet access..has anybody else had this prob and if so what did you do about it? I have windows 98 if that makes any difference? :unsure:
    What makes a difference is IF you have a firewall or not.

Do you have a firewall?
    If yes, is it running? If so, let me know whether or not it is ZoneAlarm or something else (ex: McAfee Firewall).
    If your firewall isn't running, it may have a hidden backgound program running that would be giving you the problem.

In your reply, please be more specific on the program's name and if you have free, pro, personal, etc.

If you DON'T HAVE A FIREWALL, I'm not sure what to do.

darkomega

heh i use trillian pro but i also hear that esymessage is a good program also

http://www.easymessage.net

Law

Originally posted by lightsup55@Dec 3 2002, 03:34 PM
    What makes a difference is IF you have a firewall or not.

Do you have a firewall?
    If yes, is it running? If so, let me know whether or not it is ZoneAlarm or something else (ex: McAfee Firewall).
    If your firewall isn't running, it may have a hidden backgound program running that would be giving you the problem.

In your reply, please be more specific on the program's name and if you have free, pro, personal, etc.

If you DON'T HAVE A FIREWALL, I'm not sure what to do.
    I am completely and entirely computer illiterate....um...what's a firewall?! and how do i know if i have one or not?!

:blink: